Twenty-Eight

"I'm so fucking nervous." Carter giggles, fidgeting with the edge of her black and white striped crop top before tugging at the long sleeves slightly.

"Take a breath, Car, we are going to kill it tonight." Delanee wraps her in a hug from behind.

"Plus, fishnets and your leather shorts, you're in your confident outfit. You couldn't do any less that amazing in that." Ava smirks.

"A full arena of people, and they get to listen to us!" Carter sighs, turning to face her friends.

"Night one of so many. We have to make the most of it." Delanee smiles, "And I might have got us something to commemorate the night."

"What?" Olive turns from the mirror where she is touching up what the makeup artist did to her face.

"Tonight we start a new chapter of CODA, of us. As a band, as sisters, and I wanted to make it special. So I ordered us these." She lets go of Carter to pull a small draw string bag out of her pocket, setting a small gold ring in each girls hand.

Ava's looks like two drumsticks crossed on top. Olives the neck of a bass guitar. Delanee's a regular guitar neck. And Carters a simple band with music notes around it. All four with CODA engraved on the inside.

"These are amazing, De, what gave you the idea?" Ava grins, sliding hers on. 

"My mom actually, a band, to represent our band. Rings because it is a continual circle, never ending. Gold, because it represents self-confidence, creativity, prosperity, fortune, and hope. All things we are striving for and working with to make our band a success. Each individualized for the member intended, but all the same inside showing our goal and dream of bringing our unique qualities together to create something great."

"Fuck, De!" Carter laughs, sliding the ring onto her finger before pulling Delanee into a tight hug.

"I love you, girls. No one else I'd rather be doing this with." Olive adds before the four of them are huddled into a tight group hug.

"Ten minutes to stage, CODA!" Someone yells through their dressing room door.

"From a little community." Carter grins.

"In a little town." Delanee smiles.

"To LA." Olive nods.

"And now the world." Ava is nearly jumping.

"No matter the venue, no matter the head count." Carter continues.

"Always for us, our families, our dreams." Delanee nods.

"A band of musicians, a band of sisters." Olive grins.

"Until the end." Ava sighs.

"C!" Carter sticks her hand into the middle.

"O!" Olive's hand joins hers.

"D!"

"A!"

"CODA!" They all whisper yell as soon as Ava's hand is in the middle.

"Good luck, girls. I gotta get into place." Dylan hugs each of them before hurrying out of the room with his camera.

"Let's do it." Carter grins, taking the lead as they head from their dressing room.

"YAAAA! CODA! CODA! CODA!" They all startle, laughing and they see the boys and some of their crew waiting outside the door to cheer them on as they head for stage.

"You only get one chance to experience your first show. Enjoy every second of it." Luke grins.

"Don't sweat the small stuff. No one else can tell you messed up unless it's massive." Ashton adds.