Thirty-Nine

Double update! And last chapter!!! So epilogue will be up today too.

"What the fuck?" Calum sits up straight his eyes going wide. "Car, Carter." He shakes her sleeping form beside him.

"What, Cal?" She yawns, rolling to face him.

"Jaydan got fired?" He glances down at her then back to his phone.

"What?" Her eyes suddenly wide too, "I don't know about that."

"That's what TMZ and Entertainment Tonight are reporting. Long time Manager with Hollywood Records Jaydan Hall has been let go without comment by the record label. The move is immediate, Hall having returned to LA from touring Europe with the band CODA who he had been managing since they signed with the label in January. A temporary manager is already in place to finish out the last show of the European leg of the No Shame tour with the band, and a new manager will be placed with the band before the North American leg of the tour begins in August."

"Fuck I got him fired?" Carter isn't sure if she is proud or feels bad. She was just standing up for herself and the best interest of the band, but she also got the guy fired from his job...

"Don't, Car, he deserved it. He was an awful manager, even for how bad they can be sometimes in this industry. He didn't care about you or your well being and you stood up for yourself. That's all it was. And I am so proud of you for doing that." Calum sets the phone aside, turning to face Carter, "So proud." He whispers, brushing some hair out of her face.

"I can't believe I got him fired though." She laughs.

"All the better for you and the band."

"Ya." She smiles, closing her eyes as she takes in a deep breath. Calum take the opportunity, leaning in to kiss her jaw softly.

"That tickles." She squirms away slightly, "You have a bit of scruff."

"You like that scruff when I'm kissing other places." He smirks, pulling her gently back to him, kissing her lips this time.

"Well you weren't kissing there were you?" she pulls back.

"I could be." His eyes look excited suddenly.

"Oh could you?" she cocks an eyebrow, challenging him.

"We have to head to the arena in half an hour, is this a good idea?" He asks, his voice already growing gruff.

"Probably not, but it's going to happen so we might as well let it happen now and not argue about it first." She giggles, wrapping her hands into his hair, connecting their lips.

Calum's hands make quick work of the t-shirt Carter had worn to bed, discarding it towards the end of the bed, his hands roaming hungrily over her curves. Unable to decide where they want to be, kneading at her breasts, squeezing her ass, tangled in her hair. They want to be everywhere. So much so that Carter takes dominance in his lust to touch every bit of her. Sliding on top of him, Carter trails her lips from his down to his ear and across his neck. Stopping to rock against his boxers as she takes the sweet spot on his neck between her lips, sucking harshly at the skin until he is moaning her name, the sound making the hairs on her arms stand on end and the knot in her core ache.

"You want me to leave a mark, or no?" She whispers as she blows across the currently small love bite, one that will easily be covered by makeup.

"Fuck, please do. I want them to know my girl owns me." He pants, turning his head to give her a better angle at the spot.

"As you wish, baby." She smirks, grinding down on his growing erection as she takes the red flesh between her teeth, letting herself relish in the euphoric sounds she is causing him to produce.