12. alone

Minho wasn't lying when he said his bed was very comfortable. For once, I didn't had much trouble to fall asleep and to be honest, I think it's one of the best sleeps I've had in my life.

I looked around Minho's room, realising how simple and minimalistic it is. For some reason, Jeonghan's description of Minho was the complete opposite of the Minho I talked to yesterday. I mean, I could be wrong but that's how I perceive him.

When I got out of the bed, I realised how empty his house was. Empty as in, there was nobody else in his house unlike Jeonghan's. It was dead quiet, just like how I used to live my own life after my parents' death. Now that I think about it, it's sad that Minho is living alone. Compared to Jeonghan, he has his friends to live with him and a little sister who could come by any time to visit him.

Speak of the devil, I see him parking his car at his front yard and when he got out of his car, he was holding what seems like grocery bags in his hands. He caught me staring at him through the huge transparent windows and gave me a smirk, which then I looked away.

"Had a good sleep?" That was the first thing Minho asked when he came in.

"Yeah, it was really nice." I replied quietly, fiddling onto one of his shirts that he gave me. I don't know why, but the atmosphere seemed really awkward for me. The fact that I have nearly zero knowledge about Minho and here I am, sitting on his couch and talking to him like he was my friend.

"Before I start cooking," Minho says as he fumbled with his grocery bags and then headed to my direction. "I got you a new phone and some clothes which should fit you." he handed me a brown paper bag and I just stared at him, stunned by his actions.

"What?" I raised my voice by a few octaves by accident and Minho raised an eyebrow, stretching his arm closer to my face. "I understand about the clothes but the phone? I'm not going to accept it." I shook my head and pushed the paper bag away from me.

"Don't you want to text your parents and friends? Aren't they worried about you?" he asked, putting the paper bag on the coffee table.

"My parents are dead and Jeonghan had sort of convinced my friends with some stupid made-up story." I rolled my eyes as Jeonghan's name escaped from my mouth. "Also, aren't you afraid that I would call the cops on you?" my arms were akimbo and this time, it was my turn to raise an eyebrow at him.

"I'm sorry about your parents and no, I'm not afraid of you calling the cops. You're not the first one to have that kind of thoughts and besides, I've dealt with it so many times. It's like child's play to me." Minho walked away from me as he talks, going back to his grocery bags and settling them in the kitchen instead. "The choice is yours if you want the phone or not!" he shouted from the kitchen and I could only stare at the paper bag in front of me.

Why is he being so nice to me? Shouldn't he be threatening to kill me or something?

I reached out and grabbed the paper bag, putting it on my lap and peeked inside of it. Indeed, there was a phone inside and not just any cheap phone, but an iPhone 14 Pro. Even my current phone isn't as new or expensive as the one he bought. As I unboxed the phone, part of me knew that calling the police is the first thing that I should do but then again, I'm pretty sure Minho had planned everything out.

It took me a while to set up my phone and when I finally completed setting up my phone, the first thing I did was contacting Haeun and my employees in my café. The moment Haeun heard my voice, she started crying and screaming over the phone. I chuckled at her reaction and responses as she started splurging out ridiculous thoughts as of why I suddenly disappeared. Of course, I had to lie my way out and used the stupid story that Jeonghan told her.