Ch. 3

"Hey is my mom busy?", I ask the school secretary. "She is actually looking for you.", the secretary says. I walk into my mom's office. "Hey Mom.", I say. "Jonah you know my daughter, Pallas. What did you need?", my mom says. "Is Dad on his way with the decorations?", I ask. "His class ran a bit late, but he will be here soon.", my mom says. "Ok.", I say.

"Wait before you leave, Jonah here has volunteered to help put up decorations.", my mom says. "Thanks. We are really missing some man power.", I say. "Kenan is in there, isn't he?", my mom asks. "Yea we are really missing some man power.", I say. "I'll have Gareth go to the gym when he gets here.", my mom says. "Ok. C'mon Jonah.", I say.

We walk out of the office and towards the gym. "Hey Pallas, uh does Tiye have a date to the uhm Winter Formal?", Jonah asks. "No.", I say stopping at my locker. "Should I ask her?", Jonah asks. I shut my locker. "Oh my god yes.", I say.

We walk into the gym. "Ok everyone this is Jonah. He is helping us. Jonah these are my friends Tiye, Keys, and Niyla. Then there is Demi, Niyla's girlfriend.", I say. I know what you are thinking and yes Niyla and Demi are actually dating. It doesn't bother me because I'm glad that she is happy.

"How do you guys know each other?", Tiye asks. "We have a couple classes together.", I say. "Oh so he's one of your smart friends.", Keys says. "Uh I guess so.", I say.

"Hey Pallas where do you want me to put the stuff?", my dad asks walking into the gym. Behind him is my mom and the school secretary. "Right here is fine.", I say picking up my clipboard. I hug my dad. "Thank you.", I say. "No problem.", my dad says. The adults walk out and I click my pen.

"Ok everyone before we leave this place needs to look like Elsa's palace.", I say. "Best Disney movie ever.", Tiye and Jonah say at the same time. "Favorite character? Ok 1, 2, 3, go: Olaf.", they say at the same time again this time facing each other. "Second best Disney movie? The Lion King. Best Disney princess movie? The Princess and The Frog.", they say again.

Keys, Demi, and Niyla walk over to me. "Ok what's going on?", Niyla asks. "Well Jonah likes Tiye, but I didn't know that they were so much alike.", I say. "He should ask her to the Winter Formal.", Demi says. "I think he is. Eventually at least.", I say. "Looks like we're going together.", Keys says. "We're gonna have a blast.", I say. Keys and I do our handshake.

Help! He is approaching. We can't fight him without your help. Please Chosen One. You are our only hope.

I snap out of my vision and I start to fall, but Keys catches me. "Uh we'll be right back. Keys bring her to Mrs. Valeron's office.", Niyla says. We all go to my mom's office. I sit in one of the chairs. "It happened again.", Niyla says. "Who did she touch this time?", my dad asks. "Keys.", Niyla says. "I didn't hurt her. I don't even know what's going on.", Keys says.

"It's ok, Kenan. We know you didn't hurt her. She just had a vision.", my mom says. "Like a vision or a vision vision?", Keys asks. "Dude she's the Chosen One.", Niyla says. Keys bows before me. "Nice to make your acquaintance, oh Prophesied One.", Keys says. "What?", I ask.

"So Keys is an angel.", Niyla says laughing. "No I'm a warrior angel...in training. My mission is to find the Chosen One and protect them.", Keys says. "Aww Kenan.", I say. Keys stands up. "Ok let's get one thing straight. My first name is not Kenan, that's my middle name.", Keys says.

"This is true, but the school doesn't even have your first name.", my mom says. "My first name would be revealed to me when the Chosen One came forth.", Keys says. "So what is it?", I ask. Keys pushes up his sleeves and looks on his arm. "Vallyk.", Keys says. "Yea I'm still gonna call you Keys.", I say.

We go back to the gym and see some of the decorations already put up. "You guys missed it. I have a date to the Winter Formal.", Tiye says. "We're sorry.", I say. "Alright let's finish this gym.", I say.

Two hours later

"Oh my God, my dream came to a reality.", I say jumping up and down from excitement. The gym looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait until tomorrow. "I'll bring in the flocked trees tomorrow morning.", my dad says. "And we have the results for Snow King and Queen and I will put them in my office.", my mom says. "This is gonna be the best dance ever.", I say.

"Hey Pallas do you wanna go to my brother's basketball game with me?", Keys asks. "Uh sure.", I say. "Cool. Let's go.", Keys says and I walk with him to his car. We get in and Keys starts the car and drives away. "You don't actually like Niyla, do you?", Keys asks. "What are you talking about?", I ask. "I see the way she looks at you, but you never look back in the same way. Whenever she brings up you guys being together, you shoot her down immediately. You don't feel the same way as she does, do you?", Keys says.

Keys is right. I don't like Niyla the same way she likes me. I think of her as a sister and she thinks of me as more. I don't know how to tell her, but I'm afraid if I don't tell her it will be too late.