Ch. 4

"What am I gonna do? The Council hasn't gotten back to us and my only sources of protection are a blood sucker and Keys.", I say pacing back and forth. My parents and Keys are watching me flip out.

"Hey I come from a long line of powerful angels.", Keys says. "You lack the strength and endurance to kill a newborn baby, let alone what ever is after us.", I say. "I'm on the Football team.", Keys says. "You're the kicker.", I say. "Sweetheart everything is ok. We promise. We will be there the whole time. Nothing is getting in and nothing is getting out on our watch.", my mom says.

"But there is one snag to the plan. Well more like many.", Keys says. "Fuck the normies.", I say stomping. I begin pacing again. "Pallas.", Keys says. "We have to cancel the dance.", I say. "Pallas.", Keys says. "Everyone is gonna die.", I say. "Pallas.", Keys says. "We have to cancel this shit now.", I say. "Pallas calm down.", Keys says. "I can't be calm when there are innocent lives at stake.", I yell.

Keys grabs my face and kisses me. "Chill out, okay? We are all figuring this out.", Key says rubbing my cheeks with his thumb. I look into Keys' eyes and am instantly calmer. "We're gonna get going.", Keys says grabbing my hand. We walk out to his car and get in.

"Ok I'm sorry, but what was that in there?", I ask. "So while you were doing your makeup, your parents and I agreed that if I'm gonna be around as your quote unquote protector I need a reason to be around more.", Keys says. "So they suggested that you be my boyfriend?", I ask. "How did you know?", Keys asks. "I am the Chosen One.", I say. "So will you-", I cut him off. "Yea."

We drive off and Keys grabs my hand. "What's gonna happen when we get to the gym?", I ask. "You know for a person who is supposed to know all, you sure do ask a lot of questions to people who don't know.", Keys says. "I'm being serious. Out of all 525 people that are coming, including parent volunteers, only 5 of us are able to fight whatever this is.", I say.

"25.", Keys says. "Where did the extra 20 people come from?", I ask. "The Order of Archangels. They are a subset of the Council. They are the ones who filled up all of the parent volunteer slots. Your mother never even opened it up to regular parents in an effort to minimize the stress and casualties.", Keys says.

At the dance

Keys and I walk in holding hands. "It looks so amazing.", I say gushing. "Your dad and I were up pretty early to get the trees in.", Keys says. "Thank you.", I say hugging him.

"Is this a new couple I see?", Tiye asks as her and Jonah walk up. "Yea.", Keys says and kisses my cheek. I look over at Jonah. His eyes are like really red. "Hey dude are you ok?", I ask. "Oh yea I've just been rubbing my eyes a lot lately.", Jonah says.

"Damn whose girlfriend is this?", Niyla asks hugging me. "That would be mine.", Keys says putting his arm around me. I look at him. "She knows.", Keys whispers in my ear. "Well you know they call me Mrs. Steal Your Girl.", Niyla says cockily. "Yea nice try.", Keys says. "Nah, but y'all look nice. All of y'all. Just not as nice as my Demi.", Niyla says pulling Demi to her.

"Period claim what's yours.", Tiye says. "Ah you know. When you got a girl this fine.", Niyla says cockily. "Nah you seen my girl. Baddest witch out here.", Keys says winking at me. Is he seriously complementing me? "Pallas come here I have to tell you something.", Tiye says and she pulls me onto the dance floor.

"Oh this my song.", Tiye says dancing wildly. The song that's playing is Toes by Dababy. "Ok how much did you smoke?", I ask. "Demi, Niyla, and I were drinking then Jonah brought over some edibles so us four are high and a tad drunk. I only feel drunk though. I'm just waiting for my high to kick in.", Tiye says. "I'm just gonna walk away.", I say and go grab Keys and Niyla and pull them outside of the gym.

"What's up mamas?", Niyla asks. "Aht aht I don't have time for your shit right now. So she's cross faded. Now what the fuck are we gonna do?", I say. "You know you sound adorable when you curse.", Keys says. "Vallyk focus. We're down a person.", I say. "Ok so-", Keys is interrupted by a loud clash in the gym. "I swear if these prepubescent idiots are ruining my decorations then all hell will break lose.", I say. "All hell's gonna break lose regardless.", Keys mumbles. "C'mon.", I say grabbing his hand and pulling him into the gym.

All of the normies are knocked out on the ground. Jonah is floating above everyone and just looking ominous. "Oh look at the little Chosen One. Bet you didn't expect that I would be someone you knew so well.", Jonah says. Just great, we haven't even announced the Snow King and Queen and we already have to ruin my decorations.