Ch. 6

4 weeks later

Three weeks. Three weeks went by and there was no sign of Tiye. The police went to Jonah's house to look for her, but there was no one or nothing there. Two weeks. One day a kid found a body while playing outside and his parents called the police. Tiye's family identified the body as her. One week. It's been one week since Tiye's funeral. Four weeks. It's been four weeks since I've seen my bestfriend since Kindergarten alive and it has been really hard on me.

Today is my first day back to school since before the funeral. Keys has been coming over everyday after school to comfort me. Really I think he is coming to make sure I don't off myself from the grief. Demi came over a few times too. She gave me updates on school stuff and Niyla. Niyla went back to school last week after her accident. Apparently Jonah had tried to kill her via poison.

I walk down to the kitchen. "Hey sweetheart.", my dad says and hugs me. "Where's Mom?", I ask. "Already at school. She and Gina had an early morning meeting.", my dad says. He hands me a plate of eggs, bacon, and pancakes. "I'm not hungry.", I say. "Well I've got to get going, but text me when you leave.", my dad says. I hug him again and he leaves.

I grab a banana and sit on the couch. There is then a knock on the door. I open the door and see Keys. I move over so that he can walk in. I sit on the couch. "Hey babe.", Keys says. "Hey.", I say. Keys and I are like actually official now. "Are you sure you wanna go to school?", Keys asks. "Oh I know I don't, but I've sulked around the house for long enough.", I say. "Don't push yourself too hard.", Keys says. "Babe don't worry about me. I will be fine.", I say and kiss his cheek.

At school

After receiving enough pity stares to actually make me go insane, lunch is finally here. Keys and I go over to our regular table to see Demi and Niyla already there. I'm not used to not seeing Tiye at lunch. She never missed a day of school. Me and her were competing for perfect attendance. I guess we both lost.

"Hey, this is a no cry zone.", Niyla says. Keys wraps his arm around me. "Hello to you too.", I say putting on a fake smile. "Don't be mean, babe. This is hard for her.", Demi says. "She knows I'm only joking.", Niyla says. "She doesn't look in the mood for shitty giggles.", Demi says. "Thanks for your concern Demi, but I'm alright.", I say.

"You know there's an assembly today?", Keys asks. "Yea. I'm supposed to address what happened at the Formal since I was in charge of it, but Mrs. Sarim said she would give my statement for me.", I say. Demi is the only person that knows what happened for real because Niyla told her and of course this girl is also supernatural. I don't know what she is though. "Are you gonna go to the assembly?", Niyla asks. "Probably. I'll just sit in the balcony so that no one can see me.", I say. "I'll sit up there with you.", Keys says. "Thanks.", I say then peck his lips.

"Well we gotta get going before everyone rushes there.", Niyla says and her and Demi leave. Not long after everyone leaves the cafeteria. "It's just not the same.", I say quietly. Keys hugs me to him. "Tiye never did anything bad to anyone.", I say. "I know.", Keys says. "And now she's not here all because Jonah and his family won't fucking get over themselves. I can't take this anymore.", I yell standing up.

"Pallas don't do it.", Keys says. "Why shouldn't I? Tiye has been my bestfriend for as long as I can remember. We grew up together. We had plans for after high school and now she's gone and his family should fucking pay for this. They should pay for hurting her family. They should pay for hurting me.", I yell tears streaming down my face. Keys picks me up and starts walking. "Put me down, dipshit. Put me down.", I yell beating on his back.

We get to my mom's office and he puts me down. He then walks out and locks the door. "Keys let me out.", I say calmly. "Why?", Keys asks. "So that I can avenge my bestfriend's death.", I say. "Oh then no.", Keys says. "Let me out, fuckface.", I yell banging on the door. I keep banging until I am tired. I then sink down the door and start crying.

"Key what did you do?", I hear Niyla ask. "I locked her inside.", Keys says. "Let me out.", I say voice cracking. Niyla opens the door and I get up. Her and Keys walk in. Just as I'm bout to punch Keys, Niyla catches my fist. "I do not condone domestic violence.", Niyla says. "He locked me in here.", I say voice weak. "For your own good. I get it you're upset, believe me we all are, but you can not kill anyone. He locked you in here because he cares about you and loves you. I love you. Even if you don't love me the same way.", Niyla says.

"What are you saying?", I ask. "I know that you don't feel the same as me. I know you don't love me the way I love you and honestly I don't care. I'm with Demi and I'm happy and you're with Keys and you are happy, even if you are mad at him right now. Now please forgive him and make up.", Niyla says. I stand up and hug Keys.

Pallas please help me. Jonah has me locked up. He keeps saying that it will all be over soon. He has already wiped out whole cities. Please please help me. He's gonna kill me. O thánatos tha eínai áfthonos.

I wake up in the nurses office surrounded by my mom, Niyla, and Keys. "Oh.", my mom says hugging me. "Was it a vision?", Keys asks. "Yea.", I say. "What did it say?", Niyla asks. "It was Tiye.", I say. "Huh?", they all say. "She's alive, but not for long. He keeps telling her that it will all be over soon.", I say looking at them tears welling in my eyes. "What could that mean?", my mom asks. "He's coming back and this time he's finishing the job.", Keys says. I then pass out again.