Ch. 5

"Why? What did we do to deserve this?", I ask. "The Council has always turned their backs on my family. Now it's time to make them pay.", Jonah says. "So us lowly folks have to take the heat?", I ask. "Keys is next in line to head the Order and you are the Chosen One.", Jonah says. "Yea thanks for telling me my job description.", I say.

"Um I think he means the fact that you are now technically the head of the Council.", my mom says. "This is not a movie. Quit withholding important information like it's a plot device.", I say. "Let's speed this up.", Jonah says then flings Niyla at the wall.

"Fluctuant.", I say and start floating. Keys sprouts his wings and flies up. "Look at the little fairy boy.", Jonah says. "I am an angel of the High Order. You will respect me and the Prophesied One or will live out your days in agony.", Keys says and whips out a very large sword. "I don't need this.", Jonah says. He grabs Tiye and flies out of the gym. A few members of the Order chase after him, but come back empty handed.

Keys flies us down to the ground. "He stole Tiye.", I say. "We have to get all of these people out of here.", my dad says. "I'm sorry, but he stole Tiye.", I say. "I'll call the bus company. She's a wizard so she should understand.", my mom says. "Is no one listening? Jonah fucking stole Tiye.", I yell. Keys takes me outside of the school and wraps his wings around me. Surprisingly they are warm.

"I know you are concerned about Tiye. Believe me I am too, but we can't just solely focus on getting her back. We have a gym full of passed out students, whose parents don't know anything about what's going on. Also Niyla is in there tripping balls.", Keys says. "What are we gonna do about her?", I ask. "Well for starters we should tell you-", Keys is cut off by my dad. "You guys come back inside. Something is wrong with Niyla.", my dad says.

"Shit.", I yell stomping. We go back inside and see Niyla seizing. "What did she have to eat?", my mom asks. "Well Tiye told me that her, Demi, and Niyla were drinking before and then Jonah brought edibles. Tiye said she and Demi don't feel high, just a tad drunk. When we spoke to Niyla she was already out of it.", I say. "We have to take her to the Council. They will know what to do.", my dad says.

"Fellow angels can you take her to the Council, Mr. Valeron can you notify her parents and then take them with you, Pallas and I will make sure that all of the students get on the bus with the help of Mrs. Valeron.", Keys says. "Yes Vallyk.", the angels say. They grab Niyla and leave. My dad runs out of the gym and to the car I am assuming.

My mom walks a little ways away and calls the bus company. Keys and I sit on the bleachers. "So much for the perfect dance.", I say. Keys wraps his wing around my shoulder. "Hey there will be other opportunities. Don't you get to co-plan Prom in the spring?", Keys says. "Yea, but because we are too young for Prom only me and my date can go. I can't bring all my friends.", I say. "Well I would gladly be your date. You tend to plan awesome dances so I know Prom would be spectacular.", Keys says. I smile.

"I just wanted one slow dance though. I don't care about any of the other stuff. I knew it would be perfect to slow dance it what looked like my winter dreamscape.", I say. Keys grabs his phone. Just then Unforgettable by Nat King Cole started playing.

"Can I have this dance?", Keys asks standing up with his hand out. "Yes.", I say grabbing his hand. We slow dance for a little bit. "You know you are a better boyfriend than Trey ever was.", I say. Trey was my boyfriend Freshman year and he sucked. "You don't have to do much to be better than him.", Keys says. "This is true.", I say.

The song stops and we sit back down on the bleachers. "What's gonna happen now?", I ask. "What do you mean?", Keys asks. "Jonah got away, his family is still pissed off at the Council so they will forever be after both of us, Niyla is probably really sick, Lord knows where Tiye is, we still have a gym full of passed out students, and I have no idea what being the fucking Chosen One means.", I say. "Well first the bus will get the kids and bring them home, next Niyla will get better, then we will look for Tiye, we all will help you understand what being the Chosen One means, and then kick Jonah and his family's ass.", Keys says. I smile.

Ok what would I do without Keys? He literally knows everything. I would be in deep shit if he wasn't around.