Chapter Four Part One: Sibling Rivalry

Kurosawa Yuusuke could feel his blood pressure rise as he watched Misaki the Succubus leer condescending at him. The expression on this woman's face reminded him quite a bit of a cat that caught a mouse, and was happily playing with her prey before killing it.

"My my, Yuusuke-kun...you're even more handsome when you scowl at me."

Misaki threw her head back in a maniacal frenzy, closed her eyes, and began to laugh uncontrollably.

That's my chance! Yuusuke thought, swiftly moving behind Misaki without her even noticing. With a swift action Yuusuke sprung up and brought a hard heel drop down onto Misaki's head, making her drop Satsuki instantly.

"What the f--don't get cocky with me... YOU'RE ONLY A HUMAN!!!! A HUMAN!!" Misaki's mind began to race back to the numerous times she was shunned by her human companions. She hadn't been as good at her Cloaking magic and as a result it was much more difficult for her to hide her Succubus nature.

Misaki swung around to find where Yuusuke was behind her, and in that instant Yuusuke gave her a high kick to the face. This was a Succubus he was fighting though, and instead of falling down she took three steps back and swiped her tail again like a bullwhip, knocking Yuusuke to the ground. Waves of pain enveloped his ankles and whole body as he slammed into the floor. Some of the 1/6th figurines he had been collecting crashed to the floor, their expressions unchaging. As he slipped out of consciousness, Yuusuke was glad they didn't become damaged. He'd paid a lot for those.

I was going to hold his sister for ransom, but both of them would be even better, Misaki plotted as she looked at Yuusuke's motionless form on the floor. Very carefully she walked over to where Yuusuke had landed, straddling over the top of him. "Hmm...I can definitely see why my little sister chose you. You are rather handsome once you're still...AAUUGHH--"

Before Misaki could blink, a recovered Satsuki had smashed her in the head with a frying pan to stun her. Yuusuke then used his legs to kick her up and catapult her through the nearby living room window with a blood curdling scream. It was such a quick attack that Misaki hadn't had time to unfurl her wings, and she hit the ground with a horrific thump. Glass fell in shards all around the apartment floor. Yuusuke could hardly believe what he had done, but his body just reacted. His quiet nature had led to many circumstances where he had to defend himself and it was something he had become skilled at over the years.

"Yuusuke...what...is going...on here?"

"That's what I'd...like to know," Yuusuke panted, looking behind him as he spoke. Satsuki's neck had circular bruises going all the way around it and he was afraid that if he had been a minute later she would have been gone. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay...she just stunned me for a while but all my wounds are superficial...I was just about to head out the door when she came from out of nowhere."

"Satsuki...I'm so sorry for saying what I did earlier. No matter what your habits are, you're still my family and what said wasn't fair. We all have shortcomings and I'm only starting to discover mine..."

"Yuusuke, don't worry about it. It was wrong of me to come barging into your life after such a long time as though you owe me a fresh start..."

"YUUSUKE!!" The door rapidly flew open and Amelia came running in, entirely out of breath.

"Amelia?"

"Are you guys okay? I thought I would stop by because I heard a commotion and--"

"Amelia. You know that isn't true..." Yuusuke's mouth was a smooth, hard line as he said this somberly. "Satsuki, could you leave us alone for a few minutes please?"