Legendary Catastros

"Gather 'round, Rangers," Udonna called, bringing all six rangers to the table. After yesterday's battle against Koragg and his mysterious black steed, Udonna felt that it was time her students knew the legend behind the creature called Catastros.

Kali folded her arms as she leaned forward, propping herself up on the table's surface. Storytime had never been her forte, even has a young child. She grew bored easily, and besides, the stories were usually full of princess depending on handsome princes' to save them.

"The legend of the beast stallion is known across the land for its impeccable strength. Many have tried to tame the mightiest creature of them all. But Catastros was stronger than a hundred men, and no one was able to harness his fearsome power," Udonna told them. "During the Great Battle of good and evil, Catastros fled into the forest. But before the seal was closed, evil reached up and dragged Catastros down to the lowest depths of the pit."

Thunder crashed outside Root core and the Rangers jumped, tearing their gazes away from the crystal ball where Udonna's story had been showing as if recorded on camera.

"That was the scariest story I have ever heard," said Chip. He suddenly grinned and looked up at Udonna. "Tell it again."

Maddie rubbed his arm gently.

"Even I'm a little freaked out," Vida admitted. She paused and looked around at her friends as they offered her surprised looks. "Just a little," she defended.

Xander chuckled. "Well, I'm not scared," he said.

The lights flickered and dimmed and thunder crashed outside. When the lights came back on, Xander was in Vida's arms. Kali laughed.

"Just making sure you're safe, V," said Xander, patting her shoulder.

"I'm fine, thanks!" said Vida, promptly dropping him on his ass.

"Uhh!" Xander yelped.

Udonna chuckled.

"You guys are so lame," Kali said. "Who'd be afraid of a silly horse?"

"Make no mistake," said Udonna, walking away from the Xenotome and over to the Rangers. "Catastros is a force to be reckoned with, Kali."

"I respect that," said Kali. "But it's still only a horse."

"But Koragg must've tamed him since he has control over him," said Maddie.

Udonna nodded. "Yes, for Catastros remains loyal to Koragg to this day," she confirmed.

"So, how did Koragg manage to tame an untameable creature?" Kali asked

"That's a good question," said Udonna. "Unfortunately, I don't have an answer."

With story time over, Udonna left the Rangers and started to retire to her sleeping quarters. She stopped as Claire arrived, donning a head of whipped cream.

"Don't you just love a good brainstorm?" Claire asked. "Washes away the stress of the day."

Kali covered her mouth and tried to quell the laughter as it bubbled up inside her.

"Claire, y-you're steaming," said Maddie.

"Oh, yeah, I crossed a hot-cocoa spell with a spell of protection - keeps me warm on these cold, stormy nights," Claire explained. She laughed along with the rangers.

Vida shook her head and took a deep breath, trying her hardest to calm down. "Your hair," she said, before doubling up with laughter again.

"Huh?" Claire asked, confused.