Mystic Fate, Part II

"Your sorceress is gone," said Black Lance, tightening his grasp on his lance. "You're also down a Ranger. What will you do now?"

Nick clenched his fist and glared up at Black Lance. "Now you've made me mad," he growled, pushing himself to his feet. He strode forward, morphing at will and rolling his sword over in his hands.

"Come on!" Black Lance taunted.

"You're going down!" Nick said, leaping into the air. He raised his sword above his head and smashed it down on Black Lance shield, shattering it to pieces.

Black Lance gasped in surprise.

"Fireheart!" Nick called. A shadow swept over him as the dragon landed and combined its powers to his own. Metal armour covered Nick's morphed body and two dragon batons appeared in his hands. "Red Dragon Fire Ranger!"

Black Lance snarled and thrust his lance at Nick.

Nick deflected the blast and rushed forward. He gripped Black Lance's sides and hauled him into the air, then leapt up and kicked him back to the ground. Has he landed, Nick whirled around, smashing his batons into the terror's side and knocking him back.

"Bullseye!" Nick said, disengaging from Fireheart and turning to his friends. "You guys want in on this?" he asked.

"Gladly," Xander said, pushing himself up.

The others grinned.

"Magical Source, Mystic Force!"

Grasping their Magi Staff's, Maddie, Xander, Vida, and Chip rushed Black Lance. Leaping into the air and blasting him with their magic.

"Thanks for joining the party," said Nick, regrouping with them. "Let's finish it!"

The others nodded and the team leapt into the air. "Mystic Spell Seal!" they yelled, combining their magic and slamming into Black Lance.

Black Lance hissed as he exploded.

The victory, unfortunately, didn't last long. As Black Lance disappeared thunder crashed and the skies darkened.

"What's that?" Nick asked, looking around.

"It's him," said Vida, pointing at a large shadow dropping out of the clouds. His tentacles wrapped around buildings, crushing them into dust as he landed on the ground not that far away.

Nick clenched his fist tightly. "Where's Daggeron, Eithne, and my father?!" he yelled.

The master laughed and threw a shining ball of light at the Ranger's feet. "Right here!" he said.

The ball of light materialised into three bodies and the three fallen warriors landed on the debris of the destroyed city.

"Daggeron!" Maddie yelled, racing to her teacher's side.

Nick staggered over to his father as Xander, Vida and Chip gathered around Eithne. She had only just been reunited with her daughter, and now she was gone again. In a way, they were glad Kali wasn't around.

"This can't be happening," Nick muttered. "All we've done was in vain. All this time, finding my dad."

"Nothing can stop me from bringing darkness and despair to this world," the Master grinned, now hovering over the disheartened rangers.

Xander grit his teeth and turned to the Master. "What can you possibly gain by destroying our whole world?!" he yelled.

"Your world is now my world!" the Master bellowed.

Five tentacles wrapped themselves around the Rangers, hauling them into the air.

"You want to see what my world will look like?" the Master asked.