17* Pembrokeshire

The Hogwarts grounds lay now behind; the sun stood full above the horizon and sent golden light over the treetops. Severus took Leonor's arm firmly; the holdall hung over his shoulder. They looked both well rested though it had been late. Hattie's compliment about it made them smile. Leonor forced the Pensieve from her mind; the bubbling anger wouldn't ruin that weekend and Severus appeared grateful to give the past a rest.

"Are you ready?" Severus said with a worried expression.

"Let's apparate," grinned Leonor. She had not been in such a good mood for a long time. Her stomach growled without breakfast as usual, but the lime green drops allowed lunch, and Hattie prepared a large pack of sandwiches. She looked forward.

A forceful pull jerked them into a slipstream; Leonor could tell that the landscape changed significantly. They landed behind a muggle bus shelter in between a group of young pine trees. Severus took the wand out and secured the area.

Leonor breathed the fresh air and suppressed the slight nausea from managing the distance in minimal time. The road lay quiet; one muggle car passed the witch and wizard. Opposite the road grazed sheep behind high hedges. A notice displayed a changed timetable of the bus. The rural environment had something peaceful.

"We need to walk from here," said Severus and pointed the direction. A small path wound through some common heather and straight to a strip of broadleaf forest.

"Can we meet muggles here? The bus operates regularly."

"Unlikely. The next village is miles away."

"But the bus stop?"

"There is a farmhouse behind the blind corner. They sell cheese and other homemade products, goat's milk if you like." Severus made a face.

"It's nice here." Leonor tried to espy the blue sky under a large purple beech. The place was quiet and cool.

"Tourist area?" she bored deeper, getting nosier about Severus' plan with the minute.

"Yes, but secluded. Only long-distance walkers may pass in summer." Severus hurried further.

Leonor called now, "Wait, walk with me."

"The area is secure."

Leonor captured Severus from behind. "I've not expected anything else if I'm on a date with you," she exulted. It didn't take the unease from Severus. "Nervous?" she asked.

Severus just shook his head. "Come, it's going to be better."

They exited under the trees and the path led them across a sandy patch overgrown with beachgrass swaying in gusty wind. The sea brawled vilely afar. The path continued to the right and left along a steep coast above the blue ocean. Green grass seamed the rolling hills till sky, sea and land touched at the horizon. Only in front of them stood an old, weather beaten kissing gate with a long fence. Red and white warning signs spoke of a hazardous area, dangerous cliffs slipped down into the sea. Boulders lay in the depth washed round from the wild waves. It must have been a long time when livestock browsed the area behind the gate. The area appeared chilly, different from the beautiful weather in the small forest.

Severus walked through the gate, balancing on the narrow ridge above the water, a boyish grin on his face.

"Follow me."

Leonor's heart raced looking down and then Severus dragged her a step further. For a split-second Leonor saw herself falling but then the dangerous area resolved in grassland. A path led through a hollow to a white beach. The air felt warm and mild, the gusty wind changed to a mild summery breeze.