Seven

Waltzing into Transfiguration, Y/n notices that the class was already in session and everyone had turned to look at her when the door slammed closed.

"Nice of you to join us Ms l/n," Dumbledore says sarcastically from his spot in the middle of the room, smiling at her from behind his half-moon glasses, a childish glint to his blue eyes.

"Oh yes." Y/n smiles cheekily. "You should feel privileged to have me." She folds her arm into her stomach and does a little bow, making some people snicker and others to roll their eyes.
Dumbledore laughs before walking towards his desk while y/n takes a seat at an empty table somewhere in the middle of the four rows of tables.

Taking the new book and some papers out of her cross shoulder bag, she opens it up and starts going through it as Dumbledore explains some things to the class.

Pulling out a Muggle pencil, she begins to make some notes on the pristine pages, making changes to the words written down.

"Ms l/n?" He head snaps up at the sound of her name. "Are you still with us?" Dumbledore raises his greying eyebrow, standing half-turned to the chalkboard as everyone is again looking at her.

"Y...yeah!" She says in surprise, her voice cracking and making her embarrassed.
"Then you wouldn't mind answering question three?" The bearded man laughs, directing to the chalkboard.

Y/n's eyes drag over the board, brain processing the words quickly before she answers the question making Dumbledore nod.

"It appears you were paying attention." He turned again, but not before giving her a mischievous wink, making her smirk.

Relaxing in her seat/bench, y/b releases a relieved sigh. She had just taken a wild guess, and it had been correct. Though, it seemed to happen to her a lot; maybe she was just lucky.

Still feeling a set of eyes on her, followed by another intense burning sensation in the skull, her eyes dart towards the front of the room to see Tom eyeing her intently.

Y/n curls her lip back in a scowl, glaring at him but still blocking his out of her mind.

"Mr Riddle." The two snapped their eyes to Dumbledore who had his back to them while writing on the board, the tapping and dragging of the chalk suddenly becoming evident.

"Please stop staring at Ms L/n. I quite understand boys your age start fancying girls, but please do not let it interfere with your education."
Everyone laughed at that, well, except for a select few, including Tom.

But y/n laughed, her laugh was probably the loudest while Tom just became pink in the ears. Whether it be from anger or embarrassment, maybe even both, it was still there and very prominent on his pale skin.
But to be honest, y/n was blushing too.

Y/n stepped out of the transfiguration classroom and put her bag over her head and across her chest before continuing to walk down the hall, stretching her legs, robes trailing the ground slightly.

"Hey! L/n!" A shrill voice called after her, making her turn in confusion. Only to see a trio of girls, the one in the middle with red her and freckles skin.
She had been the one that spoke.

"What?" Y/n snapped, already knowing they didn't want to be friendly and help braid her hair.
Looking at their robes, she sees that they're Ravenclaws and not Slytherins, surprisingly.

"Stay away from Tom." She waltzes over and stabs her long, manicured nails into y/n's chest, making her step back slightly.
Raising her eyebrows, y/n laughs breathily in disbelief.

"I'm sorry. What?" She studied the girl's face, surprised at what she had demanded of her. Tom was handsome, yeah, but there's no way he had a fan club of gaggling witches! ;)

"You heard me! Stay away from Tom, and we won't have a problem. Or are you too thick to understand that?" Her two lackeys laughed, their fake high pitched chortles filling the hall.

By now, people were stopping to walk, slowing their trip to the great hall for lunch. The ginger girl pulled her hands away and crossed her arms.

"Don't tell me what to do, Ginger pubes." The girl's eyes widened, her mouth dropping, but she was still blatantly annoyed.

"You're ginger too/how dare you!" She shrieked, the other two getting closer and looking slightly worried as she pulled out her wand.

"Hey, you said we wouldn't do that..." the brunette mumbled, eyes the wand fearfully.
"Yeah." The other said. "W...We could get into trouble!"

"I don't care! She's a whore and needs to be taught a lesson! This is her first week here and she's already making moves on him!" She was practically in tears as she aimed her wand at y/n, who, in turn, stood perfectly still and blank-faced.

"Imperio!" She cried, making everyone gasp just as a crowd of teachers ran around the corner,
Tom-fucking-Marvolo-Riddle leading them.

Y/n tensed slightly, making the girl smirk as the teachers run toward her, everyone watching as she forced y/n to move her hands as a test.
There was a slight look of pain on
y/n's face. But it only lasted a second before she laughed and brought her fist up, launching it toward the girl's face.

A loud crack followed suit as the red-headed female fell to the floor, face covered in blood.

"Y'know, you should have used the Cruciatus curse, you can't break free from that one."