Thirty-two

Y/n and Tom both stared at the couple in front of them, all of them bewildered at the uncanny resemblance between the two Tom's.

"You wouldn't happen to be Tom Riddle...would you?" Y/n asks suddenly, making her Tom look at her in disbelief as the other two gave curious expressions.

"I am." The man said, almost proudly as he stared down at y/n with an analysing gaze. "And you are..?"

"I'm y/n l/n," she said, exuding confidence and pride. "And we would like to talk to you, right now." She glanced at the lady who looked like a lost puppy. "Alone."

Tom turned to his date and apologised gently. "I'm sorry, but you can go ahead into the theatre, I'll join you soon."

With a pout, the woman agreed and walked into the building, her blonde curls bouncing on her shoulders as she went, movie tickets in hand.

"Come on." Y/n said, grabbing Tommy by the hand and pulling him, Tom following behind them cautiously.

Y/n lead the two men into an alleyway and they stood awkwardly for a second as y/n fussed with herself, muttering under her breath, running a hand through her hair, the confidence she was giving off deflating.

"I'll ask again," Tom said, stalling forward with his tall stature. "Who are you?"

"Like I said," y/n growled. "I'm y/n
l/n and this," she directed toward her Tom. "Is Tom Marvolo Riddle,"

The two men both had a moment of silence as they stared at each other, both paling considerably.

"Tommy, meet your father."

Tom sat and stared at his reflection in the delicate China teacup as he held it in the saucer, hand shaking slightly.

He sat with his back straight and legs crossed in a polite manner, much like his father who sat at the other side of the obnoxiously decorated drawing-room.

Meanwhile, y/n sat slumped with her back to the corner between the sofa cushion and armrest, shoes kicked off onto the floor, legs crisscrossed beneath her.

Tom Riddle SR stared at her with slight distaste as she noisily slurped her tea from her teacup, which she held by the rim rather than the handle.

"So..." Tom Riddle SR says suddenly, glancing back to Tom. "You're my son?"

"Evidently," Tom said bitterly, fighting back a sneer.

Tom Riddle SR sighed heavily, running a large hand down his face, almost stressfully.

"Listen," he started but was soon interrupted by Tom slamming his teacup down on the coffee table in front of him, glaring at the ground.

"Why..?" He questioned his father. "Why did you leave her..?"

Tom Riddle SR and y/n shared glances, Tom Riddle SR looking quite surprised as y/n just shrugged and looked back to Tom.

"Your mother?" Tom Riddle SR questioned but he knew the answer so just continued. "Well...I didn't even know her..." he trailed off.

"One day I just woke up and the woman said we were married and she was baring my child, no matter how hard I try, I can't remember a single day with her."

The two stared at each other, Tom Riddle SR with a stern yet sorrowful gaze and Tom with a hateful glare and scowl on his face.

"Tom..." y/n reached over, placing a hand on his shoulder, making him sit.

"How would you feel if you were just released from a love potion and suddenly found out you were married to someone you didn't know and she was pregnant?"
She whispered so only he could hear, not wanting the man to know about the love potion.

"It's immoral...I know." Tom Riddle SR started once more. "I'm sorry for abandoning you, but I can't say I'm sorry about leaving your mother."

Tom clenched his hands into fists, knuckles becoming white in frustration as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Where is she?" Tom Riddle SR asked. "Your mother, I mean."

"She's dead," Tom seethed, surprising his father. "She died during childbirth and I grew up in Wool's orphanage."

"Ah..." the man said in realisation. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Tom huffed, tightening his jaw as he shifted closer to y/n. "At least something good came out of it."

"Where do you go to school?" Tom Riddle SR asked another question.
"Are you two courting?"

"You're very pushy," Tom grunted.

"Forgive me..." Tom Riddle SR said sheepishly. "I just want to get to know you a little."

"We go to a boarding school in the Scottish countryside and we're permitted to leave for Tom's birthday." Y/n answered hastily. "And yes, we're dating."

"You came up to London for a day? From Scotland?" Tom Riddle SR asked incredulously. "That's a long trip, almost pointless."

Y/n laughed nervously, realising the predicament she had gotten into.
"Yes...well, we should probably be leaving soon now that you mention it."
She glances at a darkly varnished grandfather clock to her left, the pendulum swinging from side to side as the time read 12:30 am.

"Crap!" She yelled, shocking Tom Riddle SR and jumping to her feet, almost spilling the remnants of her tea. "We have to leave. Now."

She hastily shoved her feet into her shoes as Tom got to his feet calmly, Tom Riddle SR doing the same as his son.

"You'll have to come back soon," Tom Riddle SR muttered. "Your grandparents would love to meet you."

He walked with Tom to the door as
y/n already stood there, impatiently trying to rush them toward her.

"I'll write you an owl." Tom Says, y/n pulling him down the front steps at the door.

"Goodbye." Tom Riddle SR turned and closed the door over but not fully. "Wait, an owl?"
He reopened the door to question the strange method of communication but was greeted by a bright light and a loud pop of noise.

His eyes soon adjusted to the darkness of the night sky again and he saw that the large garden was empty.

"Strange..."