Twenty-four

Y/n quickly made her way to the hospital, feeling uncomfortable with the staring she was receiving as she walked through the halls.

As she approaches the door to the hospital wing, a girl she had seen at the Slytherin table steps out, smirking at y/n as she passes her.

"What was she smiling about?" Y/n asks herself, proceeding to step through the door and walk to Tom's bed.

"Hey." She greets, making him look up from the book he was reading, an amused look on his face.

"Hello," he sets the book pages down on his lap. "So, Druella Black has just informed me that you're engaged to and pregnant with the child of Abraxus Malfoy."

It's silent for a moment as the two just look at each other.
The silence is broken by y/n bursting into laughter, cackling loudly and wheezing, doubling over to clutch her stomach as tears stream down her face.

Tom chuckles slightly but clearly doesn't find it as funny as she does.
"The whole school is bound to know at this point."
Y/n only continues to laugh for a few more minutes before she finally calms down, face flushed pink and eyes glassy and amused.

"I don't care if they think I'm pregnant or dating Malfoy." She sits on the edge of the bed, body turned to face him and reaches up, cupping his cheek.
"As long as you know it's not true."

Tom raises his eyebrow and pushes her hand coldly, though his ears were pink.
"Am I allowed to leave now?" He asks, picking up closing the book he was reading. "This place is awful."

Y/n rolls her eyes playfully, turning and walking toward the nurse's desk to ask if Tom can leave.
After she comes over and scolds Tom, telling him to take care of himself and not overwork his body, he's free to go, the two of them walking down the hall.

"How do I know you aren't actually pregnant?" Tom asks teasingly, looking down at Y/n from the corner of his eye, watching her scoff.

"Because," she places a hand on his shoulder, halting him as she reaches up to whisper in his ear."I'm a virgin."

She continues walking, smirking smugly as Tom stays standing with a cheery red face and watching wide-eyed as she walks.

After a few more seconds of standing in shock, he strides after her, grabbing her wrist and pulling her into an empty classroom and closing the door and pinning her against it.

"Tom?" Y/n asks, look up at him nervously, noticing how his left arm is just above her head as he leans down to look at her. "W-what are you doing?"

The back of his knuckles traces down her jaw, grabbing her chin with his thumb and forefinger, tilting her head up.

"How do I know if you really haven't been de-flowered?" He smirks, watching her face heat up, making him chuckle amusedly.

"For someone who likes to tease, you don't like being teased." Tom leans closer, dropping the hand that he had on her face, lips brushing together.

"May I?" He asks, eyes flickering up to meet hers as she nods.
"Yes," y/n responds breathlessly, melting as he gently presses his lips onto her's in a slow kiss.

He breaks away slowly, hovering for a moment before placing them back, this time a lot more needy.
Y/n is surprised by the sudden change in pace and intensity, gasping. Tom doesn't waste the opportunity and slips his tongue into her mouth.

After what felt like hours, but was more like a few seconds, he pulls away fully, standing up straight and stepping back.

"I'm sorry." He says, out of breath, blush visible in the dim room. "We should go back to the common room."

Y/n reaches out, grabbing Tom by the sleeve of his school jumper, pulling him closer and wrapping her arms around his neck to pull him down.

"Don't leave me hanging like that, Tom." She purrs into his ear. "It's not nice to leave a lady waiting."

Minerva raises an eyebrow at the two after they finish speaking.
"And who told you that?" She asks, completely fed up that anyone would actually believe that.

"Everyone knows, I can't believe you didn't." The girl sighs. "But do you think it's true?" Minerva shakes her head immediately.

"Not in the slightest." She gets curious looks to from the two. "I mean, y/n's dating Tom Riddle, I don't think she has low enough standards to even think of Abruxus romantically, never mind shag him."

The girl across from her stands abruptly, slamming her hands down on the table and making the entire Gryffindor common room to snap their heads over.

"Y/N L/N IS DATING THE TOM RIDDLE?" Everyone around starts whispering, jaws dropped.

"Shit."