4

Nicki POV

"The doctor will be with you in a minute," this petite woman said which I'm guessing was a nurse.

I made myself comfortable in the examination room as I sat on the examination bed. Marcus sat beside me in a chair next to the bed.

"You better start laying off them heels Nicki. I don't know why you wear them, either way you are still as tall as a leprechaun," Marcus said causing me to knock him upside the head.

"Very funny," I said sarcastically flashing him a fake smile.

We sat in the room until we heard the door open, "I apologize Miss Minaj for keeping you waiting," the doctor said coming inside with her back facing us.

"No problem doc. I ain't in a hurry," I said to her.

She continued looking at my files with her back still facing us. It wasn't long until her phone rang. "Hey... OK... Tell him to come to me... Yah, I'm in my usual examination room... Thanks, bye," she said hanging up.

Must I say, her voice sounds familiar. I know that I once heard that soothing voice somewhere.

"Sorry about that. I'm Dr Knowles and I will be treating you," she said as she turned around with her eyes glued to her clipboard busy jotting down stuff.

I squinted my eyes to get a better view of her. Then it hit me.

"Beyonce?" I said sounding unsure of what I just said. Immediately she raised her head and that's when I was met with the most breath taking woman in the world. Her face lit up as she came closer to me with a smile planted on her face.

"Nicki Minaj?" She said looking at me closely. I nodded and that's when she came and gave me a hug. I immediately melted in her arms as I took in her sweet scent. My cheek slightly touched hers as we hugged. Her skin was still as soft as I remembered. We broke off the hug and that's when we looked each other up and down still shocked that even after a long time of not seeing or contacting each other we still recognised each other.

I met Beyonce way back in middle school. We became friends throughout middle school and in high school. She was always the most ravishing girl at school and every boy wanted her as a girlfriend including the captain of the basketball team in high school. It was some guy but I remember his last name was a name of a colour. I understood why the guys were after her. She was an amazing girl. I even had a huge crush on her throughout high school. After high school, Beyonce and I lost contact with each other.

"It has been ages Nicki," she said smiling then backing away and went on to put on her latex gloves. She came back and put a chair in front off me then started the examination.

"I know. How have you been?" I said as she held my foot.

She was about to answer but got disturbed when there was a knock on the door. The door opened and in came the most cutest boy I've ever seen. He was wearing a grey jersey with an emblem on the side. I'm guessing that was the emblem of his school. He had on his pants and sneakers on. He came further in and put his bag on the floor.

"Good afternoon everybody," he said shyly while waving. We greeted him back and he took a chair and sat quietly in the corner.

"All done," Beyonce said wrapping up the bandage around my foot. "I'll advise you stay off your feet for a while and keep your foot elevated. Don't worry, the swelling will eventually go down. Imma prescribe some pain killers for the pain. Here," she said handing me a paper with my medication.

"Thank you," I said.

"Sorry. Where are my manners," she said looking like she just remembered something. She went on and went to the boy sitting in the corner and brought him to Marcus and I. "Baby, I will like you to meet mommy's friend. We go long back," she said to the boy.

Wait? Mommy? I never knew Beyonce was a mother.

"Hello again. I'm Alexander Brown," he said clinging onto Beyonce's lab coat.

That's it. The nigga's surname was Brown.

"Hey boo," I said extending my hand to shake his.

"Pleased to meet your acquaintance," he said shyly while shaking my hand with his other hand still clinging on Beyonce's lab coat.

I was flattered by this boy's manners and how shy he was. Beyonce did well when it came to teaching this boy on manners. I remember back in high school she used to scold us when we misbehaved whenever we were eating lunch in the cafeteria.

"You have a really cute well mannered kid Beyonce," I said directing it to her. "Where is his father?" I asked. I saw Beyonce's facial expression change. It looked like I hit a nerve, "My bad. I didn't mean to intrude," I said sincere.

"Its fine. His father is Christopher Brown. I don't like talking about him. His just my baby daddy that's all," she said. I nodded not wishing to say anything that may offend her. I never thought Beyonce would have Chris as her baby daddy considering the fact that they never got along in high school because he kept on hitting on her which she hated.

"I understand," I said.

"Its fine," she said smiling. "Go wait for mommy in her office. You can start on your homework," Beyonce said kissing his cheek and led him out.

Beyonce came back and helped me up then out of the room. "Can I have your phone number so that I can take you out for lunch sometime as a thank you," I said.

"OK," she said smiling then we exchanged phone numbers. "I'll see you then," she said escorting us out the hospital then went on to help me get in my car.

"It was nice seeing you again Beyonce," I said.

"You too Nicki. Have a safe ride. I'll be waiting for your call," she said closing my car door for me.

I looked out the window as I watched her go back to the hospital. Seeing her again evoked many emotions that I've suppressed over the years for her. Seeing her again made me realise the reason why I was head over heels in love with her. She is still sweet as I remembered and beautiful.

"She's nice. I really like her," I heard Marcus.