14

Nicki POV

It was a sunny day out without a cloud in site so I decided to put on my shades. I walked in the café and scanned the place for a familiar face and indeed I saw one. It was King, he was sitting in the corner we always sat in back when we were in college. I remember those hectic days where the crew and I which included King we would come to the café and unwind. At times they would chase us out and told us that we should sit outside because we were making a lot of noise for the customers inside.

"Nicki, over here," I saw King waving at me which snapped me out of my thoughts.

I went over to him and he pulled out my sit for me as I sat down. King may me my enemy but he was still a gentleman.

"Alright King. Let's make it quick. I gotta get going," I said sounding impatient.

"Still the same old impatient Nicki I see," he said chuckling but I shot him a blank expression. I guessed he finally sensed my seriousness. "OK then, as you wish madam. I want my money Nicki."

I chuckled bitterly looking around, "From who? From me?" I said pointing at myself.

"Give me my money," he said through gritted teeth.

"Why would I give you the money? I would never give you the money. Those that work for me would certainly not give you the money. None of them will betray me like that by working for you,"

"If only you knew what happens behind close doors," he said chuckling.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I said with furrowed eyebrows.

"Marcus," he said smiling sinisterly.

"Marcus? What's wrong with him?"

"His working for me."

You know, in King's life, I've known him to say stupid things but what he was telling me was beyond stupid. Marcus knows to never work for King, he knows that we are enemies and that he should never go to King knowing very well I detest the guy.

"You know what?" I said getting up. "I ain't got time for this. Good riddance."

"Give me my money Nicki or suffer the consequences," he said grabbing my wrist.

"I'll give it to you when pigs fly and bitches were virgins," I spat as I got out of his grip.

***

"So which restaurant are you taking me?" Beyonce asked as I picked her up from the hospital. I was taking her out for lunch like I always do.

"Don't worry yourself now baby," I said smiling.

We drove around for a couple of minutes before I noticed something.

"That's weird," I said looking through the review mirror.

"What's wrong boo?" Beyonce asked.

"That car has been following us for a while now," I said.

"Don't worry babe it happens all the time. We are gonna eventually lose them."

I nodded my head at what she said. To be sure I took a right turn and the car behind me did likewise. I then decided to speed up a bit and the car did the same.

Shit! We're being followed.

"Baby get down," I said.

"What?"

"Get dow-shit!" I was cut by a huge crash behind us. The car behind us hit my trunk. I hit the gas and I was a bit further away from the car. I took my phone and called Marcus, "Marcus! You and Alex should go to the safe room! Now!" I yelled as I hung up.

"Baby, what's happening?" Beyonce said nervously.

I heard gunshots behind me. This nigga was shooting at me. With one hand on the stirring wheel my other hand reached down  my glove department and took out my gun. I reached out the window and started shooting. I got a good shot on the guy's two front tires. Luckily, that gave me time to speed ahead.

"Baby...w-what's...h-h-a-appenig?" Beyonce said starting to hyperventilate.

"Its gonna be alright baby. Stay with me," I said rubbing her thigh.

Thank the heavens that there weren't that many cars on the road otherwise there would have been multiple car accidents reported to the police. We got to my condo and I took Beyonce up to my closet. I went to opened a special door. On the outside there were clothes hanging but as you went deeper there was a secret door hidden. I punched in the code and I found Alex and Marcus inside.

The inside looked like a small apartment with the bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen with lots of food. Everything we needed was there.

"Nicki Minaj. Tell me what the hell is going on here. Who are they?" Beyonce said sternly.

"Calm down. I gotta figure this thing out," I said pacing up and down.

"Is it King?" Marcus said coming to me.

"Yeah. I think its about the $20 million he wants from me."

"What?!" Beyonce yelled coming to me. The anger burned in her eyes and you could see that her blood was boiling by the second. "Nicki! Don't make me ask you again! Who the FUCK were those people!" Now I know she was livid. She never curses in front off her child.

"Huh?" I said stalling.

"Don't give me that innocent bullshit. I was there in the shooting. Is there something you are not telling me?" She asked with her hand on her hip impatiently tapping her foot on the floor.

"I will but you have to calm down first," I said nervously.

She closed her eyes and took a couple of breaths, "I'm calm," she said softly.

"I-I'm a...drug lord and my enemy is after me because I don't want to give him his money," I said.

I tried to read Beyonce's facial expression but it was blank. She looked dizzy so I got close to her but she pushed me away. She started sweating and her breathing paced up then she fell on the floor. She passed out.