7

Beyonce POV

"The bitch didn't even know what hit her and everybody was like 'yaasss bitch' then I was killing it. I licked my lips and said 'bitch I ain't the one' YAASSS!" Kelly said as she was talking about whatever story she was talking about.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at Kelly, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the bitch," Kelly said with a 'daa' expression.

"What bitch?" I said confused.

"The one that did-you know what? Let's leave it. So what are you up to this evening?" Kelly asked with a grin.

"I'm going out with a friend," I said as I opened my office door only to find Alex writing his homework sitting on my swinging chair. "How are you Mr Brown?" I said kissing his cheek.

"I'm doing fine Dr Knowles. I have something that I believe is gonna amuse you," he said getting out of the chair and went to his backpack in the corner.

"Awe, y'all are so cute when you talk all formal and shit," I shot Kelly a quick glare. "What?" She said as she upped her shoulders.

I made myself comfortable on my spinning chair and he came back and sat on my lap and handed me a paper.

My eyes widen as I saw my son's report card, "Congratulations baby," I said hugging him excitedly. "Here, look Kelly," I said handing the report card to Kelly.

"Wow!" Kelly said as her eyes widened. "My godson is smart. Nothing but a bunch of straight A's and one B. I'm proud of you baby," Kelly said fist pumping Alex.

"Go pack your stuff baby we gotta go get ready for dinner with Nicki and Marcus," I said to Alex.

"Hol' on a minute," Kelly said with her index finger up. "Nicki? Thee Nicki? The same Nicki we went with to school? That Nicki?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes Kelly, that Nicki," I said smiling.

"Ooohh girl. Spill the tea," she said as she sat on my table crossing her legs.

"There's nothing to tell," I said shrugging. "I mean, we've been out a couple of times. That's it," I said biting my bottom lip trying to conceal my smile.

"Uh-uh, I ain't buying it," Kelly said with a raised eyebrow. "Alex baby. Take mommy's and your stuff and wait for her in the car. We will be out in a minute," she said directing to Alex. He did likewise and left the office.

"Kelly I gotta get going," I said smiling.

"Look me straight in the eye Bey," Kelly said and I did likewise. "Do you have a thing for Nicki?" She said nonchalantly. I looked at her for a few seconds then I playfully rolled my eyes. "And there's my answer," she said breaking eye contact chuckling.

"Whatever," I said standing up.

"Go on your date. Make sure you give her a kiss...again," Kelly said smirking.

I sucked my teeth, "That was one time in high school. Besides, we were just playing spin the bottle," I said shrugging. "Also, I don't have a thing for Nicki. I mean, I just enjoy her company and I think she is pretty cool," I said smiling.

"Fine," Kelly said rolling her eyes. "Get your ass out so that my godson ain't waiting on you."

Kelly was just tripping. I mean, is Nicki my friend? Yes. Do I find her attractive? Sure and not just in the physical sense but she's very good looking. She's got lovely height, lovely lips, good hair. Anyways, I'm far way too busy to be bothered by things like that anyways.

***

"Congratulations bro. You did good," Marcus said dabbing Alex as we sat in the restaurant having dinner.

"Congratulations Alex," Nicki said slightly pinching Alex's chubby cheek. "You have a very smart kid Bey. I see that he took after you on that department," Nicki said causing me to blush hella hard.

We ordered and had our food. We wrapped things up quickly because it was was week night and Alex had school the following day and I had to work.

"Thanks for a lovely night Bey," Nicki said as we were approaching our cars in the parking lot.

"Mommy," I heard Alex call out as he came on Marcus's back. "Can Marcus and I hang out this weekend?" He said.

I looked at Nicki, "Its fine with me if you're cool with it Bey," she said shrugging.

"Alright baby," I said kissing his forehead. "I'm gonna have to talk to Nicki on the arrangements so that you guys can have an awesome weekend."

We said our goodbyes then we left and went our separate ways.

"So, did you have a good time baby?" I asked Alex as I looked at him through the rearview mirror.

"I-I had a great time mommy," he said yawning.

"Looks like Mr Brown is feeling sleepy," I said chuckling.

"Precisely Dr Knowles," he said lowly.