Chapter 3

It's been a month and the qualifying games for the interhigh has already started. New teams from kanagawa prefecture will fight until they face the four powerhouse of kanagawa. Kainan, Shohoku, Ryonan and Takezato, they are the first seeded in the brackets.
Bracket A
Kainan
Bracket B
Shohoku
Bracket C
Ryonan
Bracket D
Takezato

Kanagawa has a total of 64 team and 60 team will challenge the first seeded in every brackets
meanwhile in bracket D, Shoyo was on it. All the spectators even the players from the top teams knows that, Takezato will surely lose to Shoyo. Last year shoyo lost to shohoku and they're not able to go to the interhigh, with a frustrated captain fujima, he trained his team for the winter cup tournament but, they still lose to kainan by one point last year. The captain has full of regrets when he retired and now, Captain fujima was recruited by a famous university with a strong basketball team in Tokyo. Shintai University has the strongest  college basketball team in japan and Tokyo University is next, Kainan Maki was no doubt recruited by Shintai University, Meanwhile Akagi and Hanagata took the exam in Shintai and they managed to pass and now training under the Shintai basketball team. Former captain of Tsukubu also joined Shintai basketball team and make it in the Team C, Akagi and Hanagata was on Team B, Maki's on Team A together with Masashi Kawata from akita, Sannoh's former player. Maki's The Ace Point Guard of Shintai’s Team A and Masashi is the Ace Center.
Ryonan has some first year that has a lot of potential, and Shohoku has also recruited a tall first year that is taller than sakuragi. Kainan and Shoyo has a promising first year students as well.
"Maki this year’s tournament will surely be interesting, don't you think?" akagi said while warming up for Shintai Team A and Team B's Practice game. Shintai's Coach Likes organizing the team by their bench numbers but in the actual game, he's jumbling his players, he even send akagi and hanagata at the same time in their first game against shizouka university, the result was pretty good 22-179, akagi was invincible under the rim in addition with hanagatas's power offense, they lead the team to its first win. The coach loves experimenting, akagi and maki remembered Shohoku's Coach.
"Of course, Even though I'm from kainan, I won't say that they will win again, i don't know the outcome of the qualifying games" maki agreed with akagi.
Bouncing Balls Can be heard from Ryonan's basketball gym. both teams are practing for the District Finals,  both boy's and girl's are first seeded. First seeded team don't have an initial games, they will just play against the team who managed to win in the top 8 in their bracket and if they beat that team, then their next game will be the District finals. In the District Finals, The four School Who managed to win in each bracket will challenge each other and the top two teams with the most win will go to the national summer tournament. That's why Ryonan team can't take it easy, since they have new members, they need to find  their groove and be comfortable with each other. Same with Shohoku, and Kainan. Shoyo will of course play for the bracket D.
The blue haired girl showed no mercy even in practice and took every chance she gets to score. Meanwhile Sendoh and the rest are practicing hard so they can beat their rival, Shohoku and Kainan, “This year, we will surely go to interhigh! Aginanda!(Understood)” taoka said and the team was hype up.
“Guard sakuragi!, Shio-chan! Yacchan! Kakuro-kun!” Ayako shouted and the red haired did a three point shot and the ball went in. That's the first time sakuragi did it in their practice game, he's been practicing hard since he came out from the rehabilitation, his back is fine now and he's back to normal. Sakuragi can move freely again, he even developed a new skill when he's still in rehab. Since sakuragi can't move too much, he practiced his shooting and  his muscle with the help of his therapist, he became taller also and once again, anzai was amazed by Sakuragi's fast recovery and improvement but, one thing that has not changed and that is rukawa and sakuragi fighting for their pig headed wills. Rukawa just came back from all japan star training camp and he honed his skill even more, he improved so much since he doesn't want sakuragi to catch up with him, for rukawa, sendoh is not his real rival, it's sakuragi.
“watching them is pretty fun and interesting, I'm happy they're on my team” anzai said and zip on his cup of tea, his trademark ho ho ho ho can be heard in the gym mixed, with ayako shouting at the two second year who's now done kicking each other's butt.
In kainan, The usual hard training course has been changed by the coach  takato, the coach know that, he need to step up the game in able to win this year. “maki, there's a first year here who resembles the way you play, this guy will surely be great as much as you do” coach takato thought and flash his smirk. Kiyota saw his coach smirking and that scares him and the team, they know that they'll be facing another hell.
Shoyo team is the tallest team in kanagawa and this year, new members are no less than 6’ 2” . First year students in their team has a good point guard, maybe not better than fujima but, taller and also fast. Shoyo still can't find a new coach and that bothers the new captain Itou Taku. Their jog was disturbed by the sound of the opening door, they saw an old man entering the gym dragging a chair and sat just beside the in-bound line.  itou instruct the vice captain to continue the rounds because he needs to attend the visitor, whoever it maybe. “Ano—Sumimasen Who are you?” itou asked, the old man smiled and introduced himself as the new coach of shoyo’s basketball team “ I am Jiei from osaka prefecture, I was a former coach of elementary school from toyotama and also Toyotama High School, osaka’s representative in Summer National but, I was fired when my team did not win in top 8 team in the interhigh, I was also a Japan All-star player,  Anzai and I are teammates. Yurusku, Let's have fun playing basketball” jiei said and smiled at his new players
(REMEMBER after the game of shohoku and toyotama high, anzai saw his basketball teammate, who's a former coach of minami and kishimoto the long haired monster)
Jiei instructed the players to have a practice game, seniors vs the juniors. The practice game ended and the seniors won. “This team is good and if you keep this up, you will play a wonderful basketball. I will teach you 20 percent defense and 80 percent Offense, with that you will be an undefeatable team but, without your will to win it won't work” jiei added and explain the 20 percent defense and 80 percent offense further.

In the afternoon, Coach Taoka asked manami if he can borrow dayani for today's practice. The coach is planning to put dayani in boys basketball team’s practice starting today.
“better make use of dayani's  talent, this girl is a phenomenal player” Taoka thought.
Taoka sensei settled it with the captain Sendoh and Manami so, starting from Tuesday, Dayani will be attending the boys scheduled practice. What do you think will happen next?