Chapter 6

The day has finally come. the start of the final games for kanagawa's representatives for the interhigh.

Bracket A
Kainan Auxiliary
Bracket B
Shohoku
Bracket C
Ryonan
Bracket D
Shoyo

Saturday game will be Kainan vs. Ryonan. The seats on the gym was filled with people who's anticipating for kainan's 18th consecutive wins, the audiences inside the gym knows how strong ryonan is but still, kainan beat them last year with a player like uozumi. Uozumi is the tallest high school player in kanagawa and even this year, no one seems to compete with jun uozumi's giantic height.

Shohoku and Shoyo was also present in the place to watch their rivals game, a single blow of the horn was heard as a signal that the game was about to begin. Kainan and Ryonan's player entered the main court, before they start the game, the announcers introduced the starting five players of each team for the first quarter.

Kainan

Jin 17, Third Year, Sg, 6'2"

Yuki 15, First Year, Pg, 6'0"

Nobunaga 16, Second Year, Sf, 5'9"

Masamune 15, Second Year, C, 6'4"

Narumiya 17, Third year, Pf, 5'10"

Ryonan

Sendoh 17, Third Year, Pf, 6'2"

Matsumoto 17, Third Year, Sg, 5'11"

Sakamoto 15, First Year, Sf, 6'0"

Fukuda 17, Third Year, C, 6'2"

Uekusa 17, Third Year, Pg, 5'10"

Dayani did not play in their last game because coach taoka's been saving her for Ryonan's himitsu haegi (secret weapon), so the people were shocked when they saw that dayani was also wearing a ryonan jersey and was announced as one of Ryonan's starting five. Some of the audiences thought that she is Ryonan's manager before they enter the court, she became the center of attention that day and some people even thought that ryonan has already given up the game even before it start.

The game has begun and the players settled their positions, Fukuda and Masamune settled at the center for the tip-off, even the audiences inside the gym can feel the intensity of the two teams, the referee throw the ball in the air, Masamune was able to tap the ball towards nobunaga but, nobunaga was caught off guard when dayani stole the ball before it reached him. "Hayay!(fast)" everyone said "who is that girl with a blue hair?" Takato sensei asked kainan's manager who's holding her notebook "She is Dayani matsumoto,third year, she did not play for the quarterfinals, no available information about her stats" the manager replied. Coach Takato swayed his big fan and observed dayani.

Dayani was dribbling the ball when yuki attempted to steal the ball from her but dayani just calmly shoot the ball from the mid-court, everyone from the bleachers and player's bench gasped, a mid-court shot was rarely seen in japan, Taoka sensei was smirking when he saw how confused the other team looks. Nobunaga took the ball for the turn over, Yuki was dribbling the ball carefully, he's settling his teammates and dayani was the one who's guarding him. He was intimidated by the woman's defense, there's no hole in her defense so he was forced to pass the ball to jin, the shooting guard shooted a clean three point shot.

The score was tied with jin's shot, dayani took the ball immediately and observed everyone, she called sendoh and asked him to switch position with her. Sendoh nodded. The broomhead took the ball and call his teammates' attention "mina (everyone) let's get the points back!" Sendoh said, the defense formation of Kainan was isolation, leaving sendoh with yuki, kainan's point guard.
In a blink of an eye dayani was able to shrug off narumiya, she run towards the left side after she saw the three point line was open, she took the pass from sendoh and did a three point shot, kiyota jumped to tip the ball but, the ball release was fast, Masamune thought that she will missed the shot but it went in.

"Full court! If someone slipped through your defense, I'll handle it here!" Dayani said while running towards under the opponents rim. The thought of belittling dayani was already gone, the people from the bleachers was awed by dayani's play. Ryonan did a full court defense even though only 5 minutes has past, that type of defense requires stamina, it is very tiring for both teams but, kainan and ryonan are the two teams in kanagawa who practice the most so, they can mostly handle that kind of defense.

Sendoh was guarding jin, and nobunaga was the one who took the ball towards their rim, taoka sensei smirked knowing that nobunaga will be shut down by dayani, he trust dayani as much as he trust sendoh. Nobunaga seems to be oblivious with dayani's skill. He charged towards dayani wearing his arrogant face, nobunaga thought that he can make it because dayani is a girl and he's a strong healthy man with hard muscles, but he end up being the main laughing stock when he missed his reverse dunk.

They played full court for almost 12 minutes and their score was 39-41, ryonan took the lead with fukuda's jump shot. Those twelve minutes end up with Jin and dayani's exchanging three points and the streak was cut with fukuda's two points. Coach takato took a time out with 7 minutes and 45 seconds on the clock "what's the matter?! Why are you letting that girl to take over your basketball? Or maybe you're underestimating her, that girl know what her job on the court! Can't you see?! Look at our banner, it said invincible! It means we should give our all till the end! If i see someone uninterested in playing i will pull you out! Take pride and go play some kainan basketball!" Takato said and send out his player to continue the game.

"To think that sendoh's not yet scoring and that girl is the one who's scoring for ryonan, to think that girl is giving kainan a hard time and made them chase in every turnover, is kainan doing alright?" Shoyo's coach said.

Maki and akagi was also watching, they saw how dayani played and they thought kainan is in trouble, the blue haired girl has not yet hit her stride but, kainan was having a trouble scoring against ryonan.

An: hello, hisashiburedesu how are you guys? Stay at home and be safe! Sorry for the slow update, i got stuck with my online assignments and exams. Enjoy reading ^^