Chapter 6.1

The game continued and kainan players are now focused, in the first twelve minutes they let jin to take over the offense. Sendoh was now guarding Jin, while dayani's guarding nobunaga.

Narumiya and Yuki can't slipped away from Sakamoto and Uekusa, jin has no choice but to pass the ball to masamune, kainan's center. Fukuda is Ryonan's starting center and everyone anticipated the battle between the two center, from the last game for the finals, they saw that fukuda's defense has improved but, masamune is a great center that kainan acquired last spring.

Masamune forced his way and scored using his brute force, takato sensei smirked "Masamune, hmmmm no wonder he's an ace center from west tokyo" he said and open his big fan. The crowd cheered for kainan when they tied the score again.

"Fukuda strengthen your screen out and get the rebounds, Matsumoto you play point guard. Uekusa guard nobunaga-kun, sakamoto you're guarding yuki. I will score" sendoh said and assist his teammates, captain akira sendoh is a well known player in kanagawa for being a player who can perform a high level defense and offense. Sendoh's offense and defense is perfect 100.

Dayani's staring at Sendoh, while the captain is guarding jin. Sendoh's plan was to put dayani on narumiya, kainan's power forward. Dayani was busy watching Sendoh's tight defense, when narumiya charged towards her, narumiya thought that she was caught off guard. Kainan's power forward was good, his hips was lowered, his eyes are mostly focused on the ball and her movements. Dayani was in the mid court, she pumped attempting a mid court shot but, narumiya was fast enough to raise his hands and block her sight of the ring.

She passed the ball to sendoh, kiyota and jin cornered the captain on the left side of the free throw line, and the clock was running. The two players from kainan was good at defense, everyone can see it from their movements. Sendoh saw from his right that Uekusa is free, he acted that he will pass to Uekusa but, nobunaga and jin was not swayed by his fake pass to uekusa or so they thought.

Sendoh passed the ball towards Uekusa but the pass was not meant for Uekusa, it's for dayani who's now running behind Uekusa. Dayani took the ball in the air and She jumped forward from the free throw line not minding jin and nobunaga's defense, she was aiming for a dunk, but masamune jumped under the rim. People think that it's over, that dayani won't be able to get back the score, and that she was too careless.

Those thoughts and mumblings from.the nay sayers put a smile on dayani's lips, from a dunk stance, she bowed a little and throw the ball backwards. Narumiya thought that it was a back pass so he jumped but, dayani bended her wrist to shoot the ball and when she released the ball, it went in the basket smoothly. Everyone saw how the ball curved and made a perfect arc that makes the ball went in perfectly.

"WHAT THE H*** WAS THAT?"
"THAT'S CRAZY!!!!"
"IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE??!"
"JUST WHO THE H*** IS THAT GIRL??!"

That was the reaction of the crowd, the other players on the bench and in the court, kainan players was appalled in the moment. The referee blow his whistle "foul defense! #7 Basket is counted! One throw!" Dayani was pushed by narumiya before she shooted the ball. Kainan was baited by Dayani, that leads to her three points play, takato was brutally tapping his foot on the ground "Now i know why that girl is playing in a boy basketball game" takato thought.

Kainan managed to pull over by 8 points in the first half of the game. After dayani's unseen performance, kainan players was scolded by coach takato from the bench, the coach was furious. Meanwhile, Taoka sensei was silent in their assigned locker room, kainan was up by 8 points, so they need to score back, but that's not what the coach have in his mind.

"Now that you planted the seed, it's time for the real game. In the second half, they will guard dayani and sendoh, kainan's defense is good but you can escape it. Fukuda, you will be the main scorer for this half. Sendoh, you will be the center and dayani score as many as you can, if possible you shoot a full court shot if they won't let you penetrate in our basket. And uekusa, sakamoto, both of you has to run and lure kainan to dayani and sendoh so fukuda can score" taoka sensei said in a serious tone.

"Now you see how strong the new ryonan is, in the first half, dayani matsumoto and sendoh was the one assigned on scoring. Knowing taoka senpai, he will use fukuda in this half, but, don't just look at fukuda only, look in every kinds of possibilities and if you have the chance to score, then do it. but don't forget that basketball is a team play, Jin, Kiyota, Narumiya, Masamune, Yuki Tanamuso (I'm counting on you) Let's go!" Takato sensei said and walked in the court with his players.

The referee asked the players at the center for the tip off and everyone was surprised when sendoh stepped in the center, takato sensei frown at the sight and look at the older coach. Taoka sensei smiled and thought that this is ONE of Ryonan's best arrangement of positions.

Sendoh as the center, Dayani as the point guard, fukuda as the power forward, sakamoto as the shooting guard and uekusa as the small forward. Sendoh playing as the center is new, hikoichi was excited and shouted his signature "yo chekku ya" even the crowd was hyped, the game has started, sendoh won the tip off, sendoh was surprisingly a good center too, probably one of the best in kanagawa. Uekusa got the ball and in just a seconds three players was cornering him, sendoh took the ball from uekusa's hands because passing it was impossible, sendoh dribbled towards the rim and he jumped to shoot the ball, with his big hands and flexible wrists he can either shoot it if it is possible or pass it if the shot was impossible.

In his situation nobunaga jumped bravely In front of him for a block, he throw the ball upwards, luring narumiya and jin to jump but, dayani jumped an incredible height and took the ball in the air and dunked it. Sendoh and dayani's play looks like a play that was honed for a long time but, it was the first time that they does that. Scouts from different professional basketball team and colleges are also sittingwith the crowd and they witnessed Sendoh and Dayani's combi play.