Chapter II

• इन्हें समर्पित: kat910

--Emberkit--

Chapter 2

Emberkit and Leafkit were awoken by sharp prods by a she-cat’s head. Emberkit perked his ears up in alarm. Cloudwhisker’s sweet voice was talking to them. “Hello, sorry about your friend. I brought you a honeycomb. Have you ever had one before?” Emberkit and Leafkit  shook their heads. “Well. That’s just perfect.” the she-cat rolled over a strange looking shape. Emberkit sniffed the mysterious object. It was a golden shape with a color that looked like the setting sun.   Emberkit decided to try it, but Leafkit got to it first. “Now now you two. Here.”

The she-cat unsheathed her claws and split the honey comb in half. “Thank you.” Meowed Emberkit. “There also is another thing. They are getting ready to bury Tinykit. Would you like to see her, and maybe help bury her?” Leafkit’s ears perked up in excitement. “You mean we can?” Cloudwhisker nodded.

“Cherrybranch is in MoonClan, and Flowerwish is old and frail and she has greencough, so she can’t do it. And I’ve already spoken with Flaremoon.” Emberkit and Leafkit exchanged anxious glances. “We would do anything for our fallen clanmates.” “Can we finish our honeycomb first though” added Emberkit. Cloudwhisker nodded. Emberkit dove in. It tasted fresh, sweet, and flavorful in his mouth, but at the same time, it didn’t really taste like anything. “It’s delicious. Thank you Cloudwhisker!” The pale gray cat nodded her head in respect. Emberkit and Leafkit  eagerly licked up the rest of the honey comb. “Are you ready to go?” They nodded their heads.

She hunts in Moon clan now… Emberkit felt a pang of sadness claw him in the stomach like a badger. Emberkit slowly padded  over to the lifeless bodies. Emberkit looked up at the sky. Their spirits rest in the paws of Moon Clan now. Take good care of them. Emberkit looks up at Silverpelt. He finds the smallest one, it must be Tinykit. I hope she's happy where she is now. "Emberkit" squeaks a she-cats voice. "Come on. We can bury them now!" Emberkit padded over to the big pile of dirt. Flowerwish was standing next to it. "Alright you youngsters. Start digging!" Leafkit dove into the pile, paws outstretched. She start digging, and sends flecks of dirt everywhere. Alright. Emberkit thinks to himself. It's got nothing to do with Tinykit being dead. He dove in too. Soon there are specks of dirt all over his pelt, but Emberkit didn't care. "Alright. That's deep enough!" They stopped digging immediately. "Littlefog! Emberkit turned around. He saw Littlefog and two other cats carrying over Cherrybranch and Tinykit's body. Emberkit and Leafkit look at each other. "It's okay. Just take a deep breath." Emberkit turns around and gasps. "Mother!" He runs over to Cinderfern and burrows his muzzle into her pelt. “It’s ok Emberkit. Just do it. If you’re going to be a strong leader one day you have to be strong during times like these!” Emberkit looks up in confusion. “A leader. Of the Clan?” Cinderfern nods slowly. “Yes, I have faith in you!”Emberkit felt his pelt become hot in embarrassment. Emberkit’s eyes glowed. “With Leafkit as my deputy!” Cinderfern purred in amusement. “Come on Emberkit! I finished the other grave!” Littlefog walks over to the graves and lays the bodies in them. “Can you two cover these please?” As Leafkit bounded over to oblige, memories that Emberkit had with Tinykit flooded him. The time they rolled in mud together. The time they played moss ball. The time they got in trouble together. Emberkit felt grief wash over him.

Emberkit’s ears perked up in surprise as he heard chatter of fighting cats. What’s going on? He followed the sound  until he reached two kits, Oakpelt and.. Emberkit gasped in surprise. Mother?  He decided to hide in some brambles so he wouldn’t get caught. He strained his ears to hear what they were saying. Emberkit’s eyes gaped open with shock. RainClan cats! He felt a growl build up in his throat. How dare they trespass in FlameClan territory! Emberkit’s negative thoughts got cut short when he noticed a gray kit laying in a pool of red blood. He looked oddly familiar. He also saw Oakpelt, one of the clan’s best warriors, lying on the ground with a smoking burn mark on his shoulder. What’s going on?! He also saw a she cat and a tom, both kits, standing next to him. “I’ll bet the tom did this!” Emberkit growled to himself. He took a closer look at the tom. He looked oddly familiar.

Embermoon's path PART Iजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें