Chapter VI

--Emberpaw--

Chapter 6

“Alright. Let me show you the borders.” Emberpaw stared back at Flaremoon. “We’re starting training now!” Flaremoon bobbed his head. “Alright. Come along. Actually, can we go into my den first?” Emberpaw slowly nodded. “Okay.” They padded into Flaremoon’s den. “Listen. Don’t take this the wrong way, but you are not ordinary. I had a prophecy from MoonClan. The Clans will go down in Smoke, but before Death can gain control, Ember will rise from the Flames to gain power from the Moon and Ash will burn forever.” Flaremoon sighed. “I’m pretty sure the Ember part is about you. Perhaps becoming leader. Listen, this is why I’m starting your training so early. I don’t know who Smoke or Death is, but MoonClan also said that there was another part to the prophecy that you will find out at a later time. So have you had any dreams?” “N-No Flaremoon. I’m sorry.” Emberpaw hung his head in disappointment. “It’s okay. I was just wondering. Now we will go to the borders, so you can learn the scents.”

Apart of a prophecy? It can’t be true I’m an ordinary cat. He has to be talking about someone else.

Emberkit and Flaremoon trotted down to Six Boulders. “This is where we hold our gatherings. You will be coming to the next one. Right over here is th-” “The RainClan border.” meowed Emberpaw as he drew his lips back in a snarl. “I still remember their scent from a couple of moons ago.” Flaremoon padded forward. “Okay then. This is pine trees, where NightClan territory begins.” They walked across the clearing to the other side of the stream. “This is WaterClan’s territory. WaterClan and RainClan are constantly fighting over it.RainClan has possession-for now.” Emberpaw looked confused. “Fow now?” he asked timidly. “Like I said. they are usually fighting over possession. WaterClan will probably plan an attack soon. They aren’t going to go with such little fish for long.” Emberpaw was disgusted. “Why smelly fish? Why not a juicy mouse, or vole. They must get plenty over here.” Flaremoon sighed. “I don’t know. Now see those caves over there? That’s where SharpClan starts. And that open moor is where StormClan starts. That’s where they got their name from. They get lots of dust storms over there. Now, report to Heatherpool to get some mouse bile and go see Flowerwish. She needs some.”

Emberpaw padded into the cave that served as the Medicine Cat den. “Hey Heatherpool. I need some mouse bile.” The she-cat looked up. “Oh. Great. Thank you. Leafpaw isn’t back yet, so you can get started. After that, please come back. I need you for something else.” “Sure thing Heatherpool.” Emberpaw walked over to the Elder’s den. “Hello Flowerwish. I heard you needed to get rid of some ticks.” Flowerwish started to stir. “Oh yeah. It’s on my back right over there, and I think there’s one on my tail. Maybe check my neck.” Emberpaw wrinkled up his nose at the rancid smell. “This mouse bile smells like rotting, dried up fish!” “I know. The faster you’re done the faster you can get out of here and back to Heatherpool.” “Okay Flowerwish.” He dabbed some of the mouse bile onto the three ticks, and they immediately fell off. “Thank you!” Flowerwish hoarsely croaked as Emberpaw trotted toward Heatherpool.

“Come here Emberpaw, into the den. I have something to tell you.” Heatherpool sighed. “You heard about the prophecy, I presume from Flaremoon. Excellent. Listen, there is another part to the prophecy, about another cat, from a different Clan. Listen, that Clan is, well. RainClan. You have a special power, and you need to learn to harness it. You will be going to some very special places to learn how to harness your power. And even when you are back, you will be receiving dreams from ancient cats, so you can control it.” Emberpaw was now gaping at the medicine cat wide eyed, and frozen in awe. “ For tonight, we will be going to the Starpool, and there, you will hear the other half of the prophecy, and meet Ashpaw, the other cat. So take some traveling herbs at dusk, and meet me here.” Ashpaw, Ashpaw. Where have I heard that name before? Emberpaw was so consumed in his own thoughts, he barely even heard Flaremoon calling for him. “Emberpaw! We aren’t dome training yet. Follow me. But you better get something from the fresh kill pile, to satisfy your hunger.” Emberpaw took a pheasant “Are you almost ready?” Emberpaw swallowed one last bite and followed Flaremoon to the bramble tunnel at the entrance. He winced as the brambles caught on his fur, tearing tufts of it out. Emberpaw followed Flaremoon to a group of trees that seemed to go on forever.