Chapter IV

--Emberkit--

Chapter 4

Emberkit is nudged in the stomach by Leafkit. “What do you want?” grumbled Emberkit drowsily.” The leader of Rain Clan is here!” she replied. Emberkit’s pelt fluffed up in shock; “What does she want?” Leafkit shrugged,” I don’t know but Petalmoon looks pretty angry.”  Emberkit immediately jumped to his paws and went to go see what was happening.

Emberkit sniffed the air curiously to see if he smell any more Rain Clan cats. Their pelts smelt of rotting fish and dried up mud. Eww they smell like fish. thought Emberkit as he pulled his lips back in disgust. “We know you have our kits! Bring them back!’ snarled a she cat. What? Don’t they know we saved their kits, not stole them! She’s being fox brained. Leafkit exchange a glance with Emberkit. “I can’t believe RainClan right now. First, their kits trample into our territory, then they get hurt, now they are accusing us for taking their kits!” Leafkit hissed. “RainClan cats are so mouse brained!” Emberkit nodded in agreement. Can they learn to keep their slimy fish paws out of our territory?

“I’m telling you, you’re kits have escaped and we are taking care of them because they are injured. We did no harm to this kit!” snapped Flaremoon. Emberkit saw the RainClan leaders eyes burn with fury, she was flexing her claws in anger. “That’s a lie. Everything’s a lie. I bet you got your scrawny mouse munching warriors to finish these kits up.” hissed Petalmoon. How dare you call us scrawny mouse munching warriors! Maybe your weak little fish eating scaredy kits! Thought Emberkit bitterly. He saw the two RainClan kits pad over to a patch of undergrowth. Now what are they doing? He decided to pad over to see what they were doing. “What are we going to do?” wailed the she kit. “I don’t know.” replied the tom, he was shifting his paws nervously. This wouldn’t of happened if you just kept your weak selves in the nursery. Emberkit thought sourly. The tom looked at the she-cat and muttered something. Emberkit saw Petalmoon aim a blow at Flaremoon’s spine. Flaremoon pushed himself off his haunches and scratched Petalmoon’s foreleg.

“Stop!” repeated the tom. “Ashkit!” called out she-cat. So, his name is Ashkit… Petalmoon lets out a cry of surprise when the tiny kit lands on top of her. Emberkit strains to hear the conversation between this kit and his clan leader. The kit hops off of his leaders stomach and gets back to the undergrowth. Petalmoon scowled and padded off to the clearing. She parted her jaws and yowled to get every cat’s attention. “Flaremoon.” croaked Petalmoon weakly, as if she was tasting a disgusting piece of rotted food.

“I just spoke to the kits.” she began. She paused for a heartbeat to lick a couple strands of chest fur back into place“ It turns out you were right.”

Flaremoon’s  yellow eyes gleamed with pride. “ Who’s the mouse brain now?” purred Flaremoon. “I could still claw your ears out!” retorted Petalmoon while raising one paw. Sharptooth, the clan’s deputy for many moons, blocks Petalmoon’s path. “That won't be necessary, we fought enough for today. We should grab Ashkit and Stripedkit and head back.” Petalmoon hissed. “ Are you ordering a leader to go back to the camp?” challenged the she cat, with fury burning in her dark blue eyes.

Sharptooth let out a long sigh, which told Emberkit that he wasn’t in the mood for a battle. “We don’t want to lose any of our cats’ over a pointless war.” “I suppose.” she breathed. She looked angry and defeated, she sheathed her claws and signaled Cardinalwing to get Stripedkit and Ashkit. Emberkit noticed that the battle was over, and all the FlameClan cats were returning to the camp, so Emberkit raced to the nursery, curled up and waited for Cinderfern.

--Ashkit--

Chapter 4