Chapter VII

--Emberpaw--

Chapter 7

Oh, It’s him. The fox brained cat who almost caused a huge war between FlameClan, and RainClan. Just because him and his ‘mate’ wanted to go exploring. Emberpaw dropped into a battle crouch, circling Ashpaw. Ashpaw mimicked him. Emberpaw unsheathed his claws as he hissed through gritted teeth. 

“You. You mangy flea pelt. Why are you my brother! I can’t believe I’m half RainClan. I’ll get laughed at as soon as I walk into camp. This is worse than being half kittypet!” He spat. 

Emberpaw launched at Ashpaw, claws outreaching his paws. They met it’s mark. He felt teeth deep in his flank as he scratched Ashpaw’s muzzle. “Stop!” The two apprentices untangled themselves and sat next to each other, licking their wounds as if nothing had happened. Ashpaw glared at him, and Emberpaw returned his gaze with hatred burning in his eyes. 

“You mouse brains. You are in front of MoonClan, and you’re acting like kits! Now, do as I say and lay down next to each other.” Screeched Graymist. 

Ashpaw lay down, as did Emberpaw. “Closer.” she growled. “I want your pelts touching!” Emberpaw quickly embarked in the she-cat’s orders. He glanced to Ashpaw to see him to the same. 

Heatherpool’s calming voice washed over the brothers as she spoke. “Put your muzzle against the stone in the water. Let it take you over into MoonClan.” 

Drowsiness took over Emberpaw, from the tip of his tail, to his muzzle . He could feel Ashpaw’s labored breathing slow. There was nothing around him. Emberpaw’s breathing quickened. Why is MoonClan not letting me dream. 

Emberpaw opened his eyes a crack to see if Heatherpool was still there. He gasped. He was standing in the middle of a field. “Hey, Emberpaw, look.” A voice whispered in his ear. Emberpaw whipped his broad head around. It was only Ashpaw. 

“What?” he hissed. “Look. There’s two cats coming closer and closer.” Emberpaw strained his eyes. “Not over there mouse-brain, look towards the fog.” Ashpaw was right. There. coming at them in the middle of the fog, was a tom, and a she-cat. 

“Welcome to MoonClan Ashpaw and Emberpaw. I am Soaring Eagle, and this is Falling Water. We never thought we would see you again.” The she-cat mewed. “Wait, see us again. What do you mean?” Emberpaw nodded in agreement.  Ashpaw stiffened beside him, seeming to remember something. 

“Well, we are the one’s who gave you the moon upon your head. We have been watching over you ever since. We are here to train you. Every night for the next six moons, you will be learning how to harness your power, to fight without it.” The old tom wheezed. 

“You two can never separate, without each other, you cannot harness your power. You will also be going on a special trip together.You, Emberpaw, must never leave Ashpaw’s side, and you Ashpaw, must never leave Emberpaw’s side. You are one. Go now. For one moon you shall be going to StormClan together.” 

“Why?” Emberpaw hissed. “That is not our Clans’. Why would we ever do that. Besides, Flaremoon and Petalmoon would never let us go, and even if they did Wintermoon would never let us one paw step into her territory.” Soaring Eagle spoke up again. 

“Yes, they will. All of the leaders know of you. For one moon, you are to train in each Clan, including  FlameClan and RainClan. Go, train, MoonClan will watch over you every night and train your dreams.” Falling Water and Soaring Eagle began to fade as the fog thickened.