Meet Nadetta

MEET NADETTA

Six months later [ Eren's POV ]

Four days. Four days until I get to meet my baby girl

Yes, I said girl. We're having a little girl named Nadetta Kuchel Jäger. We're ecstatic to be honest. I've never been more nervous about anything since the day I completely fell in love with Levi at my trial.

Levi was forced to be bed-ridden for the rest of the pregnancy until the baby was born and strong enough to eat the formula Hanji made. Honestly, I'm glad she made the formula because I'm not sure if Levi can even feed Nady from his chest.

Hanji is clueless as well since he is still flat-chested. He still has his muscles in his arms and legs. Though his ankles are swollen, and it's even harder for him to get out of bed these days, hence the bed-ridden order from Hanji, his doctor and friend.

Right now I am on my way to his quarters with a tray of tea. He's been drinking green tea since the fifth month, and I had joined him. I started stocking up on fruits the farmers' had all grown. With Hanji's help we've started to infuse the juices of the fruits with the tea leaves and dried them. Making the tea turn green when in water instead of black.

Levi waved his hand in front of my face, capturing my attention. I looked over with a smile. "Yes, Love? What is it?"

"I asked you if you wanted to sleep. You've been working really hard for me since Hanji put me on bed rest, and now you sleep less and you're always working, doing my paperwork and whatnot. I'm worried."

I rubbed his head lovingly, my thumb sliding over his eye. My palm rested on his cheek as I pecked his other softly. "Don't worry, Levi. I'm fine. Nothing a well rested night with you in my arms won't fix."

He nodded slowly, falling back onto his pillow. I followed suit, blowing out the candle and holding him in my arms. Let's just say-I didn't sleep peacefully. Nightmares plagued my mind all night, and I woke up with a fright, a silent scream on the tip of my tongue and a hand gripping the collar of my shirt.

─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─

"Eren? Are you okay? Levi told me that you've had nightmares the last two nights. Anything you need to talk about?"

I shook my head as Hanji took some tests, drawing blood and checking my abilities for documentation.

"Nothing too bad, Hanji. I'm fine. Promise. Just some nervous jitters getting to me in my sleep is all."

I could tell Hanji didn't believe me, and it showed when she asked, "Is it about Levi?"

I nodded my head slowly, not wanting to really talk about, but without really any choice.

"Can I hear about them?"

I sighed and told her, exposing every detail about them.

"It's always about the day the baby comes. Levi laying on the bed exhausted, the baby in his arms as he bled out. Tears on his face. On mine. On the baby's. Then he passes out. His arm falling lifeless to the sheets. Baby starts wailing, and I have no idea what to do. I'm scared Hanji. How the hell am I going to survive if he dies on that bed? I...I can't live without him Han. I can't. He's my world. My everything. He's miraculously carrying my child. I need him in my life. Don't let him die, Hanji. I'm begging you, Hanji. Don't let either of them die. He's my husband. And that's my child. I can't lose either."