Part 7

Things start picking up this chapter loool

____________________

Amy blinked her bleary eyes at the clock on her bedside table. The red numbers told her it was 5.21 am. Her lower lip jutted out as she curled up in the fetal position on her side, her hand on her stomach. The pain was making her feel nauseous and she knew she wouldn't get back to sleep at all. She had been diagnosed with PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome when she was 14 and it had fucked with her body ever since. Her periods were always a fucking bitch. For a few days before she started bleeding, she'd get severe cramps. Then she'd bleed for around three days so much she was always surprised she hadn't died from blood loss. The cramps were always so bad that they would render her useless. Luckily her teachers always understood. They knew of her condition and Zoe would make her a special tea. It dulled the pain but didn't remove it. But it made her feel a little loopy. Almost like she was drunk or took a bunch of pills. It made her mind feel disconnected from her body and she always enjoyed the feeling. Cordelia always let her stay in bed too for the week. She knew Amy was a good student and was eager to learn and when she was better, she always made up for what time she missed.

She hadn't realised she was due her period. Then again they appeared when they wanted because they were irregular. She always hated them. This time of the month was a dark time for her. Not only would she be in agony, but her hormones would just be bat shit crazy. She'd switch from sobbing into her pillow to being mercilessly horny, and the fact that she hadn't been able to get off the last time she saw Ryan would only make it worse. She was just glad she wasn't bleeding yet, it somehow got worse when she was.

She closed her eyes and tried to force herself to sleep as much as she could but it didn't work. Instead, she lay there and with each passing minute, she got more miserable as her hormones made her over-emotional. By the time the clock said 8 am, she heard Michael getting out of bed. She pulled the covers right over her head and was still curled in a pitiful ball. She heard him shuffling around, no doubt getting dressed. Not long after she heard his footsteps come to her bed and then it dipped next to her as he sat down.

"Amy, you need to wake up," he said softly.

"I'm not going," she huffed from under the blanket.

"What? Why?" he asked. His voice filled with worry and panic.

"I don't feel good. Just tell Zoe I'm not feeling well," she replied with a sigh.

"What's wrong? Can I help?" the sweet boy who was somehow the Antichrist made her squeeze her eyes shut. He was so good to her. She didn't understand it. She didn't deserve it. Damn her fucking hormones.

"I'll be okay. You should go so you're not late," her voice wavered as tears stung her eyes. It was funny really. Michael usually cried all the time and she never knew how to deal with it and now she was feeling like the over-emotional child.

It was silent for a moment and she just knew he was staring at her even though she was under the blanket. She knew he'd be sad to be away from her but she couldn't help it. After a moment, he sighed and stood up. It sounded like he lingered by her bed for another moment or two before she heard the door open and shut. She exhaled a shaky breath and frowned to herself. Now she was vulnerable with her hormones, she was faced with the possibility that maybe she was getting attached to him too. But she chose not to think about it. Instead, she just lay there miserably as the pain ripped through her stomach. When they diagnosed her illness, they had to give her an ultrasound. Not only did she have PCOS, but she had a tilted uterus too. So her cramps always fucked her lower back up too. She wondered if any of her other organs were ass upwards inside of her. She felt broken.