Part 22

Are you guys enjoying this so far? (^.^)

Thank you to those who have shown me love and support so far. I love you! <3

---------------

It was Monday again. The week seemed to have flown by and Amy was still flying high after how sweet Michael had been. She was feeling good and more confident about this thing with him. She was still sporting her bracelet that he'd made. She couldn't bring herself to take it off. She wanted to wear it until it fell off her wrist. Currently, everyone was in the library as Myrtle taught another history lesson. Since Amy had choked Jessica, she'd noticed how the girl's sister refused to even look her and Michaels way. She was glad she was keeping her distance but she started to feel somewhat bad about what she had done to Jessica. But then she'd think about it again and get annoyed. Even if Amy wasn't in this relationship with him, he'd told Jessica no plenty of times. She needed to fucking listen. It wasn't okay to treat anyone that way.

Amy was sat between Michael and Mallory on the floor. She was scribbling diligently in her notebook as she always did in these lessons. Absorbing every word Myrtle said. Michael was sitting close to her, head lay on her shoulder as he watched her writing. He seemed to have given up on taking notes in most classes. He told her once it was because she took such good notes that he could just use hers. Amy was so involved in her note-taking that she didn't notice Myrtle stop taking or how the class when silent.

"Amy, can I talk to you in my office?" Amy looked up at Cordelia in the doorway. She looked kind of sad as she gave her a smile but Amy's eyes were drawn to who was stood beside her. There were two police officers. One male and one female. She eyed them warily before looking back at Cordelia. Amy knew she hadn't done anything wrong. It had been years since she'd broken any kind of laws. It made a pit grow in her stomach.

"What's going on?" she asked carefully. Not moving from her spot on the floor. Michael had sat up straighter now but she didn't look at anyone but the three in the doorway. It was the female cop that spoke up.

"We'd just like a quick chat about your missing friend, Ryan Hartland," she smiled warmly. It felt like all the air left her lungs in a painful whoosh as her eyes widened.

"Ryans missing?" she whispered, throat dry and eyes stinging. She hadn't even spoken to him in so long and it hadn't even occurred to her at that moment. It only made the pain in her chest increase.

"Let's continue this in my office," Cordelia said softly, giving her a reassuring smile. It didn't reassure her though. She felt like she couldn't breathe. All eyes were on her but she didn't look at anyone as she hopped up and followed them out of the library. Not seeing Michael sat there tense with wide eyes looking almost panicked.

When they got to the office, Cordelia had promptly told the cops that she would be staying in the office and Amy was grateful. Her hands were trembling as she tried to take in the fact that one of her closest friends was missing. They were all sat down and Cordelia was by her side, holding her hand soothingly.

"Can you tell us the last time you saw Ryan please, Ms Fletcher?" the woman cop asked softly. She furrowed her brow as she tried to think. It had been way longer than she would have liked and it made her feel like the shittiest friend in the world. She had been so absorbed in this with Michael that she hadn't even spoken to him.

"Around a month I think. It's been a while," she admitted with a shaky voice. She felt Cordelia squeeze her hand.

"And when was the last time you spoke to him?" the man piped up. She shifted in her seat and looked from one to the other.