Part 30

Author note at the end so I don't spoil anything. Please read though <3

------------------------------------

"Are you sure you don't wanna come with us?" Amy asked softly as she slung her bag over her shoulder. She and Michael were stood in their room around dinner time.

"I think you need some girl time," he smiled at her. He had told her to go shopping with Mallory and Coco. And whilst she enjoyed spending time with her best friends, she also didn't like being away from him.

"What are you gonna do?" she asked carefully. She wasn't sure if he was planning on going out or not. He'd only left to see his new 'friends' a handful of times since she'd been back.

"I'll just stay here. Read or maybe study for history," he shrugged. She nodded, chewing her lower lip. There was something off about the whole situation but she couldn't put her finger on it. She just had a weird feeling in her gut. She tried to ignore it.

"Alright, I won't be too long. You know how Coco gets, I don't think I could be out shopping with her all day," Amy snorted wryly. He smiled again, but it didn't reach his eyes. He stepped forward and he looked... upset? Pained? She was confused. She knew he hated being away from her but he was the one insisting she go.

"Michael-" she started, about to ask him if he was okay. His hands cupping her cheeks stopped her mouth though as she blinked up at him.

"I love you. So fucking much," he murmured. His eyes were intense though and she found herself at a loss for words.

"I never thought I'd ever meet someone who cared about me. That just... accepted me for who I am. I don't know what I did to have to you in my life, but I'd do it a million times over. You're so... you're so fucking good to me, Amy. And I just want you to know how much I love you," he implored, voice cracking midway as his brows pinched together.

"I love you too. Are you... okay? I don't have to go if you're upset. You know you can talk to me right?" she asked warily, wondering what the hell was going on with him. He gave her a watery smile, sniffling as his thumbs stroked her cheeks.

"I'm okay. Just feeling emotional I guess," he muttered softly. Before she had a chance to respond, his lips descended on hers. The kiss was slow and tender and she melted into it. Loving how he always left her breathless no matter how he kissed her.

It felt like the kiss lasted forever, but when he pulled away, he rested his forehead on hers as he inhaled a shaky breath. She was worried about him if she was honest. Something was bothering him and she knew it.

"Are you sure your okay?" she whispered as her hands stroked his chest. He nodded, opening his glassy blue eyes and giving her a sad smile.

"You should go, they'll be waiting for you," he said as he took a step back. Her eyes glanced to his fists that were clenching and unclenching by his sides. Something was definitely bothering him. But clearly, he didn't want to talk about it. She respected him enough to do as he asked. She wondered if he'd tell her when she got back. She didn't like seeing him upset.

"I'll miss you," she said softly with a small smile. His lower lip trembled at her words and it made her frown. He lowered his head, jaw clenched tight as he swallowed thickly.

"I'll miss you too. Now go," he ordered. His tone was a little harsher than she expected but she figured maybe he didn't want her around if he wanted to cry. It was unusual but nothing about the boy was normal. She nodded, giving him one last look before she left the room.

The few hours she was out with Mallory and Coco, she just felt off. The state of Michael was bothering her and she couldn't focus on anything. Coco even called her out on it when they were in a store getting clothes. She just said she didn't feel too great and not long after they all made their way back. She felt bad for ruining their shopping trip but she couldn't focus. She was worried about Michael and she wanted to check on him. She only had one bag with a few things in as she jogged up the stairs to their room. She opened the door and he wasn't there. It was reminiscent of when she came back from Misty's cottage and she didn't like it. He had told her he would be here and studying. But then she realised just how stupid she had been to ignore a giant red flag in the first place. He had told her he was studying for history, something that she knew he didn't really care about at all. She hadn't really thought much into it at the time. She frowned to herself as she went to leave the room, going to see if he was somewhere else in the school before she got mad at him for lying to her again. But something caught her eye on her pillow.