2nd Round...

(Ash's POV)

I had just finished watching Alain's battle and IT WAS INSANE! He beat his opponent's Pokémon using only his Charizard. Also, he told me that he found a mega stone but he's not gonna use it yet. 

So somehow, these people are able to start the second round today. My battle is the 5th one. I'm facing a girl this time. I spot her and she's staring at me, nervously. I smile and then her face reddens. 

"That girl likes you!" I look to my left to see May, holding a devious grin on her face.

"What do you mean?" I ask. "Also, why was her face red?"

May slaps her forehead and leaves. Okay then.

Everyone makes their way to the stands after the matches have been announced. I just stay by the entrance of the tunnel. I watch the next four battles on TV and... they're not as interesting as Alain's battle.

I enter through the tunnel when my name gets called down. Then I'm in front of the huge crowd of people from before.

The referee explains the rules and then tells us to send out our Pokémon.

"Pikachu!" I say as Pikachu jumps off my shoulder. "I choose you!" It's wearing my Kanto hat.

"Uh, oh," The girl says as she throws a Pokéball. "Servine, let's do this!"

Servine appears and then the referee commences the battle.

"Start it off with a Thunderbolt!" I command.

"Leaf Storm!" She commands.

The attacks make contact but Pikachu's Thunderbolt is stronger and it starts its way for Servine. Thunderbolt hits Servine.

"SERVINE!!" She yells.

Servine is fine. Pikachu starts charging in for a Quick Attack.

"Let's end this!" I say.

"Catch it using Wrap!" 

Servine gets out of the way of Pikachu and then grabs it with its long tail. Pikachu is stuck.

"PIKACHU!!" I say.

"Finish this with Leaf Storm!"

Then an idea crosses into my mind. "Pikachu! Use Electro Ball on yourself!" 

Pikachu releases the Electro Ball. Servine is about to release its attack when Pikachu's attack hits it.

An explosion occurs and then quickly fades away. Servine's on the ground and Pikachu is standing tall.

"Servine is unable to battle!" The referee says. "Pikachu wins!"

Pikachu comes running to me. I stick out my arms as it jumps up and I catch it.

"THAT WAS AWESOME, PIKACHU!!" I happily yell.

"I'm done!" The girl says. "I forfeit!"

I'm shocked. Why? Just because she lost the first battle? The referee is about to say something when I speak up.

"Don't forfeit!" I softly say but loud enough for her to hear me. Her eyes are wide open with surprise in them. I continue on. "You fought all eight gym leaders of this region and have beaten them! Think about it! You put in ALL that time and effort into this league. So don't go down without a fight!"

Her face reddens as she smiles. "Thank you, Ash! Alright! Sylveon, let's do this!" She throws a Pokéball and Sylveon comes out.

"Noivern, I choose you!" I say, doing the same. Noivern appears. Then I hear a yell of excitement from Iris. That's probably because Noivern's a Dragon Type...