The Fire Between Us...

(Ash's POV)

Wha-what should I say?

"Heh, love?" I say. "I don't know what you're talking about!"

Suyoshi grabs my collar and pulls me towards her. She did that so we can make eye contact. I have a feeling that she might kiss me again. "You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about!"

"Ash?" Serena says, turning around. "What the!? What're you doing?"

I'm waiting for Suyoshi to let go of me. She does that but then squeezes my right arm and smiles. 

"What?" I say. "Suyoshi's just hugging my-OW!-arm!" Serena starts running now. Suyoshi pulls me down to her height and then whispers something into my ear. There was no need for that because I'm only an inch taller than her.

"D-do you love me?" Suyoshi whispers. Did I hear that right?! I gasp and look at her with a shocked expression. "Don't try to act dense! I already know you're not."

"Oh, do you hear that?" I say. "It's the others calling me!" I start running with Greninja and Pikachu.

"ASH!" Suyoshi says, running after me. "YOU WAIT! I'LL GET MY ANSWER SOON!" I just keep on running until I get to the Pokémon Center. I enter it and then... Brock's proposing to the Nurse Joy that works there. I roll my eyes and walk past him. I go the battlefield and everyone looks my way when they see me. Suyoshi has just came. 

May walks up to me. "Do you LIKE Suyoshi?"

"Like?" I say. "Well, I don't know MUCH about her but she seems nice!"

"So you like like her?"

"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?"

"She's gonna be your girlfriend?" Dawn asks.

"She already is!" I say. All the girls give me a surprised look. The boys smile. "She's a girl and she's my friend. You guys are creeping me out!" The smiles fade away from the boys' faces and the surprised looks escape the girls.

"I think you're confused, Serena!" Bonnie says. "You gotta hear me out! He's too dense!"

I walk away and go into the room I've been staying in that's inside of the Pokémon Center. Pikachu and Greninja plop onto my bed when we enter. I take out my other Pokémon except for Noivern and Goodra because they'd probably break the ceiling! I think it's time to rest for the day. Even though it's only 7pm.

...

(Next Morning!)

I woke up at 6am to see when my battle is. Mine is now the last battle which will probably be at 5pm. Right now? Well, I'm training with my Pokémon at the same battlefield. It's Hawlucha versus Goodra.

"Hawlucha," I yell. "Use X-Scissor! Goodra, use Bide!" Hawlucha attacks Goodra and Goodra absorbs the attack.

"Hey, Ash!" I hear someone say. It's Alain. He seems intense. "That guy in the mask that had a Gyarados. You know him?" I nod. "Well, I can see the flare in his eyes which makes me believe that this guy is Lysandre!"

I hesitate. I bet Alain is expecting me to be all surprised. I'm not. I breathe in and tell Alain about what had happened and how he's been at my house.

"You should've told me!" He says when I finish. I can see his fists clench. "DO YOU NOT TRUST US?!"

"IT'S NOT THAT!" I yell back. "IT'S JUST THAT I FEEL LIKE THIS BATTLE IS SUPPOSED TO BE MINE!"

"DON'T YOU REMEMBER?!" Alain yells even louder. "THIS IS NOT YOUR FIGHT! THIS IS MINE! HE USED ME AND I WON'T REST UNTIL HE'S FINISHED!!"

I sigh. "Then why would he come to my house?" I say. "He must've wanted to do something to me!"

Alain sighs. "Whatever! I don't care. This is my battle if you like it or not."

Alain leaves, leaving me in an angry position.

To be continued...