Breathe in The Air [Roger Waters]

I was in one of my English classes, planning for the project we had to do. The project was 'What's one thing you admire about your best friend?". We had to create a mini speech like a conference and say the things you admire about your friend. My best friend was Roger Waters, his name was George but he preferred Roger.

He sat next to me in class "who are you writing about?" he calmly says as he was embarrassed from getting yelled at for misunderstandment.

"Actually I was gonna write about you. Especially your friend David and his physdelic guitar playing."

"Oh really? I was gonna do the same but with you, I really love your poetry." he smiles at me.

I get into writing the long 3 page writing I made about Roger and David. I really loved that guitar solo and Roger's singing with the song , it made it feel romantic but really calming. The song was called Breathe (In The Air) , I helped them write it but I didnt wanna take creds. So I
gave the creds to Roger, and David.

This is what I wrote about Roger and his friend David:
The thing I really admire about my best friends 'Roger and David' are their talents. The talents that make them stand out, the physdelic feeling I get when I hear the most amazing solo by Dave , and the calming natural voice of Roger. The jubilation I get as I walk with my friend Roger afterschool everyday talking about music and things we enjoy talking about. As we take an odyssey to whatever our life goes to next , the freedom we get afterschool before we go home to the prison of our parents obeys. Although our friendship may be a little disastrous at times of failure,  friendships can be interesting. You see I'm delighted to be a friend of an amazing musician with a mental illness and is able to control the isolations of these horrible people who try to stand in his way of having freedom. Although the bricks in the wall of his isolation at times when he's not feeling right , as in depression, for the memories of the past increase in your head as you sit their in a bitter mood. You see, what I'm saying is that I'm glad to be a friend of a person who's life can change immediately on a touch of a nerve that can change in seconds. Whatever you may do , you think is funny at that specific moment but can hurt one. I admire many things, I think the highest level of ambition about this wonderful person is his ability to show the person he pretends to be but kn the inside is the person he shows me that he really is."

As the instructors talking as I jot down paragraph after paragraph. "Miss Sampson, your up first" I look in embarrassment as I heard nothing of what she said. Roger hugs me as I'm getting up to the front of the class.

I speak " What I admire most about my best friend, what I admire most is... The thing I really admire about my best friends 'Roger and David' are their talents. The talents that make them stand out, the physdelic feeling I get when I hear the most amazing solo by Dave , and the calming natural voice of Roger. The jubilation I get as I walk with my friend Roger afterschool everyday talking about music and things we enjoy talking about. As we take an odyssey to whatever our life goes to next , the freedom we get afterschool before we go home to the prison of our parents obeys. Although our friendship may be a little disastrous at times of failure,  friendships can be interesting. You see I'm delighted to be a friend of an amazing musician with a mental illness and is able to control the isolations of these horrible people who try to stand in his way of having freedom. Although the bricks in the wall of his isolation at times when he's not feeling right , as in depression, for the memories of the past increase in your head as you sit their in a bitter mood. You see, what I'm saying is that I'm glad to be a friend of a person who's life can change immediately on a touch of a nerve that can change in seconds. Whatever you may do , you think is funny at that specific moment but can hurt one. I admire many things, I think the highest level of ambition about this wonderful person is his ability to show the person he pretends to be but kn the inside is the person he shows me that he really is."

The whole class just has their jaws dropped as the instructor and assistant is in shock of my speech. I sit back down as the class eyes me while go back to the back.
The instructor is so in shock that the bell was just about to ring, she gulped hard. "Miss Sampson,  you've improved. Everyone give a round of applause to her" , the whole class claps. Roger just looks blank , burning red of shyness. "I have no words. I just want to say..."  BUZZZZ
I pass everyone in class as I hurry to next period. Roger eyes me from across the hall, as I see him , he looks down.

Next period was Lunch surprisingly,  time went by quick. Everyone was staring at me at lunch.
"Rog? You ok? You havent talked in a few minutes" Dave said.
"Yea, just,  Alayna. She wrote this amazing speech about me and you in English , it was amazing. I dont know but I might start having feelings for her. I cant believe what she wrote. Look!"
David reads the 3 pages I wrote in English. He's just smiling.
"Rog , you should sit next to her. She seems lonely anyway. Tell her how you feel!" David said.
"You think so?" he said
"Yea go on. Let me know how it goes".

Rog comes over by me. I was jotting down some more poetry to make and sell. My business was doing well, I made about $40 today for making people's poetry to give their  love to another. I felt calmed and just happy to show my appreciation I had for him. He seemed like he needed it after what happened with his father.
Roger sits next to me as I didnt notice and quickly put my stuff away.

"Hey Alayna, can we talk?"
"Talk about what? Everything ok?"
"Yea, I've been wanting to tell you something"
"Oh okie"
"We've been friends for a while and I've been having feelings for you. Just earlier, what you wrote in English, its unbelievable. I'm just grateful to have you as a friend."
"Its not a problem. I'm not sure if I'm into dating yet. I mean we are great friends and im grateful to have you. But I dont know if I want to date you right now, it doesnt mean I will later on but idk right now" I say
"Oh.. ok."
"Yea. I'm glad you liked the speech"
"I'll be back,  if not probably next period"
"Oh ok. See ya later mate!"
He waves back.
What have I just done? Probably one of the things I'm gonna regret. Now he's not gonna talk to me. I hit myself and starting harming my arms and hitting myself really hard.

"Welp it was a fail." He tells David
"That sucks, I'm sorry."
Roger just sits on the ground thinking as I'm panicking and hurting my arms. I scream and start bawling tears. I give up and lay on the ground crying. Roger hears the commotion and taps me on the arm.
"Alayna, you ok?"
"No, Rog, I'm sorry. I- , I- , I really do love you. I'm sorry." I cry out in sadness and sorrow.
"Love, look."
My eyes were glossy full of tears.
"I love you too"
I go to the bathroom trying to wash my tears off.
When I came back , Roger was in the same spot he was. He stood up as we ran to each other hugging , he clutched my head as everyone in the room clapped.

Miracles do come true.