Morning Practice

Mac Kenzye's POV:
Today is Saturday, it's time for sleeping not practice. I always wake up at 5 am when it's morning practice. I hurried and went to the bathroom. I did my business and washed my hands. I walked out and didn't see Luis. I started to panic. "Boo!" He shouted. I screamed. "What the hell, Luis!" I shouted. "Just wanted to surprise you." He said, hugging me. "Well, you gave me a god damn heart attack, asshole." I said. "But you still love me." He said. "I do still love you." I said, hugging his waist. "We should get ready before we are late again." I said, pulling away. I got dressed for the day. I had these cute tights and a short dress but not too short. I topped it off with a cropped leather jacket and camouflage high heels. We walked down the stairs and Charlie and Fulton were full on making out. Ew!! I faked a cough. They stopped and Charlie hid his face into Fulton's chest. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed some granola. "What do you want for breakfast, Mendoza?" I asked. "I would love to have some toast." Luis said. "Anything for my baby." I said, putting bread into the toaster. I was in a happy mood for some reason. "So Charlie and I are taking his truck and you guys take yourselves to practice and school." Fulton said. "Yeah, that's alright. I probably should start the truck." I said. Luis was like a lost puppy he just followed me everywhere in my house. I grabbed my keys and walked to my truck. I jumped into the truck just to start it. "Babe, would you like to drive?" I asked Luis. "You trust me?" He said shocked. "Yeah, I trust you with my life." I said, jumping down. Luis pushes me against the truck and leans in. "Luis. Not in front of Ms. Vega." I said, she always watching and calling my mom. "Good morning Ms. Vega." I said, waving. She waved back and went inside. "See, she always looking. I swear she even has eyes on the back of her head. I smoked a cigarette once and she wasn't even looking and she knew. She has eyes everywhere." I said. "Hold up, you smoked before?" He said. "Uh..... yeah. Don't hit me." I said, flinching and looking at the ground. "Why would I hit you? You hit you before? I will kill them. Do you smoke anymore?" He said. "Uh.. my dad. Go ahead and kill him. He hates Charlie and I. And I only smoke if my stressed and nervous. Like right now." I reached for my cigarette that's in my bra. "No, there is better ways to cope then this." He said, grabbing the cigarette from my hand. "No! I need that." I shouted. "You don't need it. You are ruining your lungs. Do you want to commit to those scholarships or not?" He said. He does have a point, but I need that so badly right now. But he doesn't know I have another one in my bra. "Do you have anymore anywhere on your body or in the truck?" He asked. "No, you took my last one." I said, looking down at the cement. I'm going to smoke it at school when I'm away from everyone.

🏒AT THE RINK🏒
We all changed into our gear and I just didn't want to go and play hockey today. I don't know why but I just didn't. I love hockey but today I just need a break from it. I just needed to smoke a cigarette. I just need something to do then just hockey every hour and minute of every day. I started walked to the rink and I stepped onto the ice and fell and I slid. I just laid there, I didn't move. I felt weak. I put my head up and pushed myself up. When I got up, I just fell again. I rolled onto my back then sat up. "Mac Kenzye you okay?" Charlie shouted and skated to me. "I don't know. I feel really weak and I just not in the mood for hockey today." I said. "Well, you're the one that started this team. So get up and sit out for this one." Charlie said. "I physically can't hold my body weight today." I said. He grabbed my hand and lifted me into a bridal carry. He skated to the box and put me in. "Thank you." I said. "You're welcome. You need sleep. Get some rest, honey." Charlie said. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. I heard Coach's whistle and I fell off the bench. I sat up and rubbed my head. "Kenzye, why were you sleeping?" He asked. "I.. I." I was speaking before I got cut off. "Sir, she's tired because she was working on her essay for history." Luis said. "Yeah, history has me mostly booked because I barely know what's happening in that class. He always puts gnomes into the story. So I never know what's happening." I lied. "Okay, just sit practice out today. Go to your truck and sleep." Coach said. "Thank you sir." I said, walked into the locker room. Yes, I can smoke my cigarette. I changed into my regular clothes and but my hockey gear into my bag. I threw my bag over my shoulder and walked out. While walking out into the parking lot, I took out my cigarette from my bra. I held it in between my pointer and middle finger. I got to my truck and opened the door. I threw my bag in the truck and found my lighter. I lit my cigarette and inhaled the smoke. I heard someone walking out of the rink. I hurried and blew the smoke out and hid the cigarette behind my back. "Mac Kenzye, are you smoking again?" Charlie asked. "Nah, I quit that a long time ago." I lied. "Okay, I'm going back in. See you at the diner after practice." Charlie said. "Yeah, for sure." I said, watching him walk back into the rink. I finished my cigarette and made sure I put perfume on.

🏒AT THE DINER🏒
We got to the diner and we all sat down in booths. I was starving. Sheri knows my order if I am staving. I get a double cheeseburger and onion rings and a vanilla milkshake. It always fills me up, every time.

🏒AFTER THE DINER🏒
I took Luis back to his dooms and I went home. I took off my heels at the door and took them upstairs. I put my shoes in my closet and put them in their spot, where they belonged in. I have really bad OCD. No one else cares where they put their shoes but I do. Everything needs to be in their place or I can't sleep. I changed into my pjs and jumped into bed.

I turned on my tv and fell asleep