*I can't think of a title...so here.* - Gondolin One Shot

What if Gondolin never was destroyed? What if it remained hidden through the ages?

"You okay over there?" Ecthelion asked Glorfindel who was pulling a hood over his head much more.

"No. I am wet and the water got to my socks," Glorfindel said as he leaned against the wall and stood on one leg. He slipped one boot off and tried to shake out the water. He then pulled off his sock and squeezed the water out. Ecthelion just watched him with some amusement and a small shake of his head.

Yet, he looked up and his hand moved to his sword as he heard hoof beats against the ground along with banter coming from four different voices. Ecthelion looked to Glorfindel who was fumbling to quickly put his sock and shoe back on. Yet, having some trouble getting his wet sock on he opted to leave his boot off and just hold the sock with his sword. Ecthelion gave a sigh and looked singled Glorfindel to stay there as he moved away from the gate they were guarding.

He moved through the woods and moved quietly and placed himself against a tree. Now he was closer he could make out what the voices were saying or rather arguing about. Within a few moments he saw the group come around from the trees. He saw three of them where elves one had blond hair and the other two were twins with dark hair. The third was a man who had hair that ended at his neck that was black. He also well as a short beard and wore a dark green cloak. Ecthelion watched them and saw them slow down and look around.

"There has to be someplace around here we can sleep," The blond-hair elf said.

"I would say we can head back...if that rockslid had not happened," One of the twins said.

"That wasn't very helpful, Elladan." The other twin said looking at his brother. Elladan just shrugged and yawned.

"We can try to set up a small camp and hang our tents from parts of the tree," The man suggested but he paused before he contiued and looked around. Ecthelion remained quiet and felt a small tap on his shoulder. He jumped a bit and turned to see Glorfindel with sword and sock in hand. He just gave a nod but held up his hand signaling for them to wait. Glorfindel nodded and stayed quiet by Ecthelion.

"Everything alright Aragorn?" The blond-haired elf asked.

"I can't help the feeling that someone is watching us," Aragorn replied. The twins dismounted and grabbed their swords.

"Well we should spread out and check," Elladan said. The others nodded and spread out. Ecthelion then nodded and Glorfindel and they moved out of their hiding spot with weapons drawn.

"There is no need to look," Ecthelion said holding his sword out. "Who are you?"

"I am Strider, this is Legolas, and the twins are Elladan and Elrohir." Aragorn said.

"Strider? Then why did they call you something else?" Glorfindel asked with his sword lowered but ready.

"He has a few names but we mostly call him Aragorn or Estel. Yet, other people know him as Strider," Elladan said. "We were going on a small hunting trip, got chased by orcs, lost and killed most of them, and now we ended up here."

"Who are you two?" Legolas asked looking at the two armored elves with confusion. Glorfindel opened his mouth but Ecthelion clamped a hand over it.

"Intruders? Remember?" He asked.

Glorfindel moved his hand and said, "Come on Ecth they don't seem that dangerous and besides they look very lost."

Ecthelion just sighed and slid his sword away. Glorfindel nodded and put his sword back, "I am Glorfindel and this is Ecthelion. We are from Gondolin,"