A Healer's Story Part One - Silmarillion One Shot

A/n: This is a story of Narndir. He's a healer OC I have who was among the firstborn of the elves. This is a story of a major part of his life and shows how his story really starts. This also will have some intense/dark moments, as well as touch on sensitive topics. So please be advised while reading this (the warning is more so for part two then one.)

Please enjoy the story.

Narndir was bending down by the base of a tree looking through the leaves and small plants growing there. He was gathering plants he has found that helps the small wounds the elves of Cuivienen. It was surprising how many cuts and scraps those who could live in Cuivienen could get. However, it was unsurprising considering Tata and Enel often got into small scrapes either from trying to help others out. That or getting into small fights here or there.

Narndir just smiled as he stood up after he gathered the things he needed. He then turned and then headed back into the village. He smiled as he walked down the road smiling up at the stars. As always they shone with wonder. As he came into the village he had to sidestep a group of elflings who were chasing after each other.

"Be careful," He called to them.

"We will!" they called turning around to look at him before one of them crashed into a tree. Narndir chuckled and shook his head. He walked over to them and bent down.

"Are you alright?" He asked. The little elf stood up and rubbed their nose and smiled. "I am fine Narndir."

"Are you sure?" Narndir asked him. The elfling nodded and then ran off with his friends. Narndir shook his head with a smile. He then headed back to his home. Once he got there he put down the bag he had and walked into the house.

"I am home," He called. A few moments passed when a female elf came around a corner and smiled. She walked over gracefully and hugged him.

"Welcome home," Ilmaiel said.

He smiled and picked her up and twirled her around as he kissed her cheek. He then placed her on the ground and smiled. "Well. You are in a good mood," She said with a smile.

"I am," He said as he kissed her cheek.

"And why are you in such a good mood today?" She asked.

"I can not just be in a good mood?" He replied. She rolled her eyes and leaned over and kissed his head.

"Well. I glad you are." She said. "Tata wanted to talk to you once you got back."

Narndir sighed and asked, "Should I ask you what's wrong or should I want to talk to him?"

"I think it may be best if you talk to him. It actually did seem a bit serious," She said. "Not his normal scraps from a fight he got into with Enal or an experiment gone wrong."

"Alright. I'll go see him-" He said with a sigh. "-but I shall do so later. I just got home and I do smell something good."

"That will be some food for the third meal and no you can not have any." She told him.

"Just a bite?" He asked as he made his way to the kitchen. Ilmaiel had to walk quickly and step in front of him. "Not a bite."

"Aw come on," He said trying to sidestep her. She moved with him and when he moved again she did too. When he picked her up she moved and kicked him a bit. Yet, that movement caused him to fall on the floor with her on top of him with both of them laughing. She smiled down at him and leaned down and kissed the side of his face.

"I love you more than anything my starlight," Narndir said to her as he moved the hair out of her face. "And even if the stars will go out. You will always be my dear starlight."