Chapter two

"All you need to do, is solve the case, and come back to London, got it?" Kiku looked at Arthur seriously. "Yes! I know how this works.....just make sure London will be kept under watch. There has been a lot of crime lately," Arthur looked to Kiku, who waited by him. They were at the station; Kiku wanted to see Arthur off one last time before his departure to France. "Of course, you must be off, Arthur; take care." Kiku topped his hat off to his companion. Arthur did the same as well as he stepped into the boat, Leaving for France.

~Arthur POV~
The evening seemed gloomy as I arrived in France. People everywhere walked around with caution. The murderer had everyone on their heels while they searched for innocent victims. I had bought a recent newspaper as I arrived in France, another murder, this time in broad daylight. The woman was murdered in an alleyway, just like the other victims. Along with her head chopped off, of course....just like the other victims.

Today, on my arrival in France, I was to arrive at the authorities as soon as possible. They needed help with this killer; of course, they needed an Englishman to help them. I looked around my surroundings, seeing people go about their day carefree and cautiously. They could not decide whether to be terrified or unbothered about the situation. I threw the paper in the trash and walked out of the station. The authority building was not far from here, maybe a ten-minute walk. It gave me a chance to look around the city for any clues I could use to my advantage.

Knowing the killer decided to murder in broad daylight was sickening. It also meant he had balls; he was not afraid of getting caught. Anyone could be his next victim, including me. As I walked, I looked into each alleyway. I wondered which one the killings took place in; maybe there was some evidence left behind that the authorities missed. I continued to walk until I stopped at another alleyway. There were flowers and small stuffed animals there, along with balloons. It was left for a child, possibly the one that Kiku and I read about the other day.

I looked into the alleyway and saw nothing but dirt. It was cleaned of every single scrap of trash. The family came to clean up, or the authorities did when they searched for evidence. I stepped into the alleyway and felt a breeze hit my face. That is when I saw something shiny on the ground. "How ridiculous..." I laughed. I walked towards the object, placing my gloves on my hands. It is most likely a clue.

I did a squat as I used my pen to move the dirt off of it. It was freshly buried for the object to be this deep in the dirt. I picked it up, staring at it curiously. It was a piece of glass that looked like blood stains on one side. Possibly the murder weapon? If this was so quickly looked past, the authorities must be really....slow.

I placed the piece in a bag and looked around the ground for a second. It was the only thing I could see now, which was fine. I needed to take this evidence to the authorities very quickly. I stood up from the ground and walked out of the alleyway as promptly as possible.

~
Once I arrived at the station, I asked to see the head of the case. It took me a few minutes of waiting, but I could finally see the person face to face. "Hello, it is nice to meet you," I spoke finally. "Ahh!! No need to be so formal, you can call me Antonio, and it is great to have some help with this case finally," the man spoke with a Spanish accent. He moved my hand away to avoid shaking it as he held up an excited grin.

"Alright then, Antonio... I found this at the crime scene; possible weapon?" I asked curiously, and he stared at the glass, shocked. I looked at him keenly, and he became serious. "There was another incident..... the woman survived, and we have a suspect in custody," Antonio said seriously. That was a bit fast; they could have sent a message about it. "We are not sure of things yet, but for now, we will hold onto that piece of evidence; it could be important" he took the bag with the glass in it and pointed me in a direction.

"The witness is in that room if you would like to talk to her," Antonio said. I nodded at his statement and started to walk in that direction. Once I opened the door, I saw a young woman sitting there, looking anxious. "Thank god someone came; listen, that man they have in custody is not the one who attacked me. He is my husband; please let him go. I will tell you everything I know about the man who attacked me." The woman pleaded as I took a seat across from her.

They did not do their job right here in France. "I see...I will make sure to bring that up. Before I do, I have a few questions I need to ask....about the incident," I said seriously. The woman started to calm down as she sat back in her chair. "Yes!! Anything...I just want to see my husband again; both of us are shaken up by the whole ordeal," she said. She had long blonde hair in a braid and looked so terrified. "What is your name?" I asked. She looked at me, nodding before speaking. "Lucille.....Lucille Bonnefoy," she said.

I looked at her, smiling, trying to ease her scared behavior. "Nice to meet you; my name is Arthur Kirkland."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far ❤️