Chapter fifteen (final)

"Okay, we are ready, Detective," a nurse came out and smiled at me sweetly. "Thank god, it felt like I have been waiting forever," I laughed. I stood up to follow the nurse, and I felt so excited. Although the hospital was not the ideal place for me, it would be special today. "He is through those doors, have fun," the nurse smiled. I nodded at her request and walked through the doors excited. "Hello?" I started. I looked into the hospital room seeing Francis looking out the window in a peaceful way. "Ahhh, you are; I would not stop asking about you."

"I know....me either," I smiled. He was in a coma for a month and did not awake till last week. It took a lot of string pulling to be able to see him. I walked over to Francis, who was as happy to see me as I was him. "You stayed in Paris, even though you said you would leave once the case was closed. You must have wanted that night out with me." He smiled. I laughed at what he suggested and shook my head. "I just wanted to make sure that you were alright. Now I don't have to worry about going to England."

"Go back? Already? I was not awake! That is not fair. Do I not get to spend some time with you before you leave? I mean, when is the next time I will see you? I thought maybe you and I could be excellent friends," he said, nearly standing up. "Ahh, take it easy; you are still going through tests," I pushed him back down, and he earnestly looked at me. "You know I can't stay, and I was only here to solve the case. England needs me."

"As for seeing me again...I do not know. It is tough to say right now, but I came to see you right now. I am willing to stay until you get out of the hospital, which is another week. We can get some drinks together if you want, but I must go after that. I am so sorry, Francis" I placed a hand on his shoulder, and he nodded at me in an agreeing way. "I understand; I am sorry for pushing it," he smiled a bit.

I felt terrible for hurting his feelings like this. "About....the night I was attacked.... the -kiss.....I am sorry about that too. I realize now that you did not like it and only tried to stay calm. Will you ever forgive me for overstepping?" He asked, looking at me, eyes full of worry. "If I did not forgive you, I would not be here with you right now. Am I not right about that?" I laughed. I scooted my chair closer to him and placed my arm around his shoulder. "Let me tell you something, and I had the ability to have the police come when you were walking to me..."

"I never signaled them because I knew you were innocent deep down. I was too scared to believe that you could have been the killer. When you kissed me, I could have easily done it before or after you grabbed me. Deep down...I liked the kiss, I would have never hated you for doing something like that. You were doing what you thought was best at the moment. I am glad you did, I had conflicted feelings the whole time, and it made thinking ....somewhat easier, I suppose."

"Arthur, I meant everything when I kissed you. It was not the right time or place, but what I said was true. The first time I lay my eyes on you, I knew I had to do everything I could to protect someone like you. Because I liked you so much, I still want to have drinks with you....or maybe... a date. I want to spend time with you without worrying about a killer targeting either of us," he laughed. "Arthur, I want more of you....besides a few drinks between the two of us."

"What you are saying is preposterous," I laughed. I separated my arm from him and looked at him seriously. "It is only so the more you make it seem that way." He laughed. Francis held me closer, and it felt as if, if he were to let go of me, it would be an eternity of sadness. "You make it sound so easy, Francis," I laughed, looking at him. "Oh, and you make it sound impossible, Arthur," he smirked. Again, his smile carried so much grace and care that it would never be something fake. Nothing like that seemed to exist with him.

"Just one touch from you is all I need...so, will you allow me that much?" Francis pulled me closer, and I felt him get closer to my lips. "If I were, what good would that do?" I laughed. Feeling him kiss me again was like having a lot of weight lifted off my shoulders. I liked it, but I knew I should not be dating, especially with my profession. I continued to kiss him back, it felt amazing, and his lips were still as soft and sweet as ever. "Just one drink?" He asked curiously.

I looked at him with a broad smile on my face. I soon started to laugh at the situation, I had a slight crush on him. I guess I will deal with it on my own later. "Just one drink?" I asked unsurely, and he nodded at me with a hopeful look. "Yes, unless you want more? I don't mind buying you anything you want," he laughed. I smiled, shaking my head at him slowly. "Fine then...." I started.
"Fine, what?" He asked with a smirk that made him look so charming. "Only one drink"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading ❤️!!!!!

That is all, guys, haha; make sure to follow my Instagram. @_anime_.trash_
And follow the person who gave me the idea for this story rarizimm

I will be posting more books soon, so stay updated ❤️