The Vow

A few days after the Parseltongue incident Rumple got a letter from the head of the DMLE accepting his request to be Sirius Blacks defence for his trial, scheduled for the next day, though the well concealed threats hidden in the letter as well as the article the daily prophet wrote about the injustice done to the Black heir probably encouraged him.
"Isn't that a bit soon?" Remus asked while making coloured bubbles for Hecate to play with. After finding out what Dumbledore did to Hecate, he made his decision and packed everything he owned into an extended trunk to take to Storybrook and then moved to Potter manor while Severus stayed at Spinners end with his bags packed ready to go at any moment.
"It's to make sure I can't gather any evidence. They are giving me the minimum time requirement legally allowed in this situation." Rumple said absentmindedly as he went through the 'evidence' sent to him for the trial before throwing it to the desk. "This trial should be easy enough dearie. They have little to no evidence so a simple truth potion request should work, although I do have a plan B, C and D just in case." Remus looked at him in shock before muttering something about ravens but Rumple simply ignored it in favour of explaining his plans. "Plan B is just in case they decide to try a hit before the trial can begin." He walks over and picks up Hecate before walking out the room towards the sitting room, Remus following close behind him. "Plan C is if they decide to accuse me of being a death eater myself and don't back away after seeing my blank arm while Plan D is if Dumbly gets involved...you don't want to hear that one." he pauses in his speaking while he sits down on the sofa with Hecate on his lap, and contemplates something before murmuring "You'll not want to hear Plans X, Y or Z either."
Before Remus could reply the fireplace flares up and Severus steps through with tears in his eyes immediately sitting on the sofa, picking Hecate up off Rumple's lap and hugging her close to his chest as if she would disappear. They sat in silence for a moment before Rumple decided that the man had efficiently calmed down and asked what had happened. (Watch the video 2.35-3.20)
"He called me to his office for a meeting." Severus, unable to speak it out loud, looked Gold in the eye and pushed the memory of the meeting forward and into his mind for him to see what happened.
You said you would keep her safe.
Lily and James put there faith in the wrong person Severus, rather like you. The girl survives.
She doesn't need protection the dark lord is gone.
The dark lord will return and when he does the girl will be in terrible danger. She has her eyes. If you truly loved her...
no-one can know.
I should never reveal the best in you Severus.
I, Severus Tobias Snape, Swear on my Magic and my Life to Protect The daughter of Lily Rose Potter nee Evans from all who may wish to do her harm. So I say, so mote it be.
"That was very sneaky of you dearie." Rumple said after seeing the memories. "By saying 'the daughter of' the vow still takes place without you having to reveal her new name." "And it gives the old man the impression that I'm only protecting her for her mother." Severus adds while looking down at Hecate fondly, who had snuggled into his robes to sleep. "You're not?" Remus asked, mildly surprised. "Of course I'm not!" Severus raised his voice in outrage. "I'm protecting her because of what could have been! Dumbledore put her on Petunia's door step! PETUNIA! Lily's rotten sister who I know would have neglected her at the VERY least!" Severus stops shouting as he feels Hecate stirring before saying "and severally abused at the worst." while thinking back to his childhood. "I wouldn't want any child to suffer like I did." he mutters before taking Hecate to his room to sleep, not realising that both men had heard him.
Sorry for the long wait.
Should Albus try to get Severus arrested? I have a story idea for both sides of this so Severus will still be the potions professor either way.