The Trial pt 2

"My name is Rumplestiltskin Baelfire Gold, but my friends usually call me either Rumple or Gold." Once he finished introducing himself he heard snickers coming from Sirius. "Is there something you'd like to add, Dearie?" Sirius shook his head before biting his lip to try and stop his laughter while the trial continued.

"I believe a simple request of a truth potion should do, don't you?" Gold asks Sirius who nods his head and a potion is brought to them. "Due to the circumstances I request a potions master check the potion for tampering before administering it." Gold said.
"How dare you even suggest...!" Crouch Sr barked out before Gold interrupted. "OH, I DARE SUGGEST MR CROUCH, BECAUSE THIS ADMINISTRATION TRIED TO LOCK AN INNOCENT MAN AWAY WITHOUT A TRIAL!" Gold spat out, leaving the court stunned. "Severus Snape!" Gold called out and Severus walked down to the centre Ignoring Dumbledore's stern look telling him to stay put. Before anyone could object Gold once again called out a name, "Lucius Malfoy!" A bewildered and amused Lucius walked down and stood beside Severus. "What is the meaning of this Gold?!" Crouch Sr shouted before Gold explained. "Lucius Malfoy has already been cleared by the ministry of all charges brought against him and so is clearly someone the ministry trusts, and while not a potions master he did pass his potion owls with flying colours." "And what about Snape? There's no reason for him to be there!" Crouch Sr argued, irritated at Gold. "Severus IS a potions master, and is someone I trust." Gold informed the court. "And who IS Mr Snape to you?" Crouch Sr asked, the suggestion clear in his tone. "Not that it's any of your business Mr Crouch, but Severus is the godfather of my child." Gold admitted before continuing while the room was filled with murmurs. "Severus' job is to assure me that the potion isn't poisoned and Lord Malfoy's is to check that it's not been tampered with in a way that would leave it ineffective."
After it was assured by both men that the potion wasn't tampered with they had an aurora trainee by the name of Amelia Bones administer it as a neutral party and start the questioning. It started off simple, asking for his full name, date of birth and Hogwarts house before she started asking the real questions.
"Were you the Potters secret keeper?" "No. I was used as a diversion to keep the real secret keeper safe."
"Do you know who the Potters real secret keeper was?" "Yes, It was Peter Pettigrew."
"Did you kill Peter Pettigrew?" "No, he cut off his finger and turned into a rat."
"Did you kill thirteen muggles?" "No, Peter threw the spell that caused the explosion."
Before the verdict could be announced that Sirius Black is innocent, Gold turned his gaze to Dumbledore, who had been surprisingly silent during the proceedings. While he appeared unhappy about the way the trial was going, he didn't say anything about it, indicating that either he knew it was hopeless to try anything or that he was planning something for later and needed his full influence for that.
Time skip
After Sirius was cleared of all charges he was lead away to the medical facility for a check up with Gold, Severus and Lucius close behind him while the court took a 15 minute recess before the next trial. "SEVERUS!" they heard from behind them, even Sirius stopped in his tracks forcing the healers to wait. "What is it you need with Severus, Mr Dumbledore? We are quite busy after all." Gold asked, his eyebrow raised slightly, unsure if Dumbledore would risk causing a scene in such a public setting. A small crowd was starting to form around them as Severus stepped slightly behind Gold, trying to keep out of anyone's immediate range of sight. Seeing the crowd, Dumbledore swiftly turned and walked back towards the courtroom with a near invisible sneer on his face. Once he was gone they walked to the medical facility in peace.

As I'm unsure how I want the talk with Sirius to go so I am likely just going to add it in later. The main points are Sirius and Lucius being brought up to speed with what is going on, Lucius agreeing to help (with some benefits to him, he is a Slytherin after all), and Sirius being cleared by the healers early so he can witness the remaining trials as Lord Malfoy's guest.

How to you think Lucius and Sirius will react to everything?

Next chapter is the trial of Igor Karkaroff which leads to Severus and Barty being outed as death eaters. How do you think that will go?