Igor Karkaroff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hnCiKjPyr8 (The link it to the scene that I got the quotes from.)

Once they sat for the next trial Gold immediately noticed a difference in the courtroom. Rather than the chained chair from before, there was a large cage in the centre of the room with a dishevelled man standing in it, eyes darting every which way as if waiting for a spell to be shot out at him at any moment.

"Igor Karkaroff, you have been brought out of Azkaban at your own request, to present evidence to this counsel. Should your testimony prove consequential the counsel may be prepared to order your immediate release. Until such a time you remain in the eyes of the ministry, a convicted death eater. Do you accept these terms?" Crouch Sr spoke to the dishevelled man now known as Igor Karkaroff.

"I do sir" Karkaroff replied, now staring at the man.

"and what do you wish to present?"

"I have names sir, there was a Rosier, Evan Rosier."

Crouch Sr was handed some papers by the man sitting next to him which he read before announcing, "Mr Rosier is dead"

Karkaroff looked shocked before muttering "dead? no"

"If that is all the witness has to offer..." Crouch Sr was interrupted by the prisoner.

"no, no no no! there was Rookwood! he was a spy." he shouted out, trying to redeem himself.

"Augustus Rookwood? of the department of mysteries?" Crouch Sr asked in surprise.

"ya ya, the same! he passed information to you-know-who from inside the ministry its self." Karkaroff sounded smug as he spoke, as if he where the one to trick the ministry.

"Very well, the counsel will deliberate. In the meantime you will be returned to Azkaban..." Crouch Sr was interrupted once again.

"No! Wait, wait! Please please! I have more! What about Snape! Severus Snape." Karkaroff shouted out, clearly grasping at straws.

Before Dumbledore could even stand up Severus stood from his seat next to Gold and went along with the plan they had come up with that morning. "I, Severus Snape, do willingly submit to questioning with use of Veritaserum with the questions agreed upon beforehand!"

flashback

"Severus, what was your role in the death eaters?" Gold asked curiously once Remus had gone upstairs to get ready for his Gringotts meeting.

"I was the potions master, used for making and researching improvements to various potions, why do you ask?"

"Did you ever take part in the raids or torture's, do anything against the law?" Gold questioned, having an idea in mind.

"Nothing related to the death eaters." Severus replied in realisation. "I killed my father with what is classed as accidental magic when I was sixteen, still underage."

"Classed as?" Gold questioned, scepticism in his voice.

"I may not have used my wand or a spell, but it most defiantly wasn't an accident." Severus replied, a dark undertone in his voice. "The ministry classed it as an extreme case of accidental magic due to the anger and grief of finding my mothers corpse and had the case closed to the public due to my age. I was placed with the Malfoy's for the summer and returned to Hogwarts the next year with nobody the wiser about what happened."

Unsure what to say to that, Gold continued his previous line of thought "well, as that has already been dealt with and you didn't commit any crimes within the death eaters, should you be called out by either Dumbledore or anyone else attempting to have you arrested, request to have a Veritaserum trial with pre-determined questions and you should be fine. After all, being a death eater isn't a crime so they can't arrest you for just that." he ended with a smirk on his face.

End flashback

As Severus was discussing the questions to be used with Madam Bones, Gold took a moment to glance at Dumbledore once again and found him to be glaring daggers at Severus with a slight sneer on his face before he suddenly stood and called out an objection. "Severus Snape uses Occlumency and as such wont be affected by Veritaserum." Sirius suddenly stood up across the room and shouted out "That's a myth Dumbledore!" Lucius stood next and confirmed Sirius' exclamation with a nod before elaborating, "Those who can use Occlumency may be able to stop themselves from talking if they are asked a question they didn't agree to or even give vague answers" he admitted "but they cannot blatantly lie under the influence of Veritaserum. Now either stop spouting non-sense or be escorted out for attempting to influence the results of a trial." Having no other choice, Dumbledore returns to his seat and continues his glaring.

Once the disruption was over Severus sat down and took the Veritaserum and was asked the customary test questions before the real ones began.

"Have you ever been a death eater?" "Yes"

"What was your role in the death eaters?" "I was the potions master, always researching and making new potions."

"Have you ever taken part in any death eater raids?" "No, I was to valuable as a potions master and not risked in any raids."

"Have you ever in your adult life willingly and knowingly killed another sentient living being?" "No"

"Are you loyal to You-Know-Who?" "No"

"That's all that's needed, Thank you." Crouch Sr Stopped them before he was interrupted once more as Karkaroff screams.

"It's lies! Severus Snape remains faithful to the dark lord!" he spat out in fear and desperation.

"Silence!" Crouch Sr shouts, having lost his patience with the man. "Unless the witness possesses any genuine name on consequence this session is now concluded!"

"oh no no no no no. There is about one more." Karkaroff almost growls.

"What's that?" Crouch Sr asks in confusion.

"The name" Karkaroff hissed in annoyance.

"yes?" Crouch Sr asks shortly.

"I know for a fact this person took part in the capture, and by means of the Cruciatus Curse, torture of the Auror Frank Longbottom and his wife!" Karkaroff states with glee looking over to the crowd opposite where Gold was sitting.

"The name! Give me the retched name!" Crouch Sr screams out in impatience and anger.

"Barty Crouch!!!..." He screams, and within the silence of the room there are gasps before Karkaroff finishes with one word which despite being said in a near whisper was heard by all present.

"Junior."

As this was mostly quotes its a bit longer than usual, but from now on I'm going to try and get my chapters for this story over 1000 words anyway. Thanks for reading and as usual please leave comments if you have any ideas or notice any mistakes so I can improve, it really helps. Bye!