Forbidden Woods

Link and Tetra looked around the area they were in. It didn't look so 'forbidden' as one would think. It looked almost like the Forest Haven, just without the Deku Tree, and the size.

They had taken care of the Green Chu Chus that spawned after a few steps inside the woods, and currently, Link and Tetra were trying to figure out how to get the vine off the door. So far they tried using their swords but the glowing plant in the middle always grew the vines back. They divided for a while, with Tetra eventually finding the Dungeon Map, and Link finding a giant nut.

Link heaved the nut at the plant, hitting it squarely at its base. It fell and freed the door. "Alright!"

"Don't get so happy Link. You always disappoint later on." Link frowned at Tetra's attitude. How could she be nice, and in some cases, emotional, and back to her snarky self within a snap. He would find out, even if it takes forever. He joined her in the large area ahead, and she groaned. "More Baba Buds. And they're far apart!"

"Suck it up, princess. It is time to fly." Link looked towards a distant Baba Bud, which looked reachable. He jumped into the Baba Bud in front of him. It popped him out after a few seconds, and Link used the Deku Leaf to fly over to his target successfully. Tetra came over a few seconds later. They flew from Baba Bud to Baba Bud until they came unto another exit covered by a vine. There was not a nut nearby, but there was a Bomb Flower nearby. Link walked to it, only to be ambushed by a pair of Chu Chus. Link made a daring move, intentionally hitting the Bomb Flower before jumping back in time before the flower exploded. Link looked back to see the monsters gone and picked up the flower and set it by the vine.

They walked through the door after the vine was destroyed. "Took you long enough, idiot." Link winked at Tetra in response and surveyed their surroundings. The exit on the other side was only accessible by the hanging cart, which moved along the ropes it was hanging on. However, it rested in the middle of the gap. Link looked to his right, seeing a particular object to the left of the exit. It reminded him of an anemometer, which measures wind speed. The Deku Tree did say the Deku Leaf could create a short gust of wind. But it was too far away. He looked to his own left, and behold, there was another one right here. He raised the Deku Leaf up and swung it down. It blew wind towards the anemometer, making it turn, and the cart moved over to Link and Tetra. She hopped one first and smiled back at him. "Well, I guess you don't always disappoint. Maybe you are good for something."

He jumped aboard and used the Deku Leaf to get to the other side. "Of course I'm good for something." They entered the next area of the dungeon, taking out the Peahats and Boko Babas that threatened them. Link made exceptional use of the Deku Leaf to help rid of the Peahats, as their rotor would shoot up and leave them defenseless. They used the Baba Buds to get atop the large tree stump at the end of the area, and encountered another door with the vine. They hopped onto the cart, and Tetra used the leaf the get them to a wooden barricade. Link broke through and found a Deku Nut inside. He picked it up and held it as they went back across to the exit, destroying the vine.

They walked down the corridor, expecting a surprise attack from monsters. However, the room had a different surprise, that of vines popping out the ground and surrounding the lone nut that sat in the middle of the room. They stepped back a bit until the spiky plants retreated to the ground. Link groaned. "It is as if the forest is alive. I mean, plants are living things, but this is not natural."

"Agreed. I don't like it. Who knows who is responsible for this." Tetra blew the nut from its position, making it roll towards the closed-off exit and the duo raced after it. Link threw the nut and opened the door.

The next room was huge, and most likely the central chamber of the dungeon. The most noticeable feature was the huge plant hanging in the room's center. The teens marveled at the sight before continuing their mission. Link swung himself and Tetra over to a platform with the Grappling Hook, and looked at the moving platforms in front of them. Tetra held one of Link's arms and swung it around. "I guess you and the forest have some similarities besides being green." Link snatched his arm away and leaped on the first platform when it came close. The armlike platform moved to the next one, which in turn led him to a platform with a door. Tetra landed beside him and looked at the door. "Ugh. Locked door. We haven't come across a key, haven't we?"