A Future For Us

Link and Tetra walked into the large chamber, sword, shield, and bow in their respective hands. They began to walk into the pool of water in the room's center, towards a large curtain. The tension in the room rose, despite the near silence in the chamber, the only noise being of the two young heroes wading in the water. Link stopped halfway through, Tetra behind him, as he caught a glimpse of what was inside the curtains.

It was a king-sized bed, or maybe a Ganondorf-sized bed, and on it laid not the evil man, but a young girl. Her hair was in two separate, short pigtails, and she wore a blue dress with red and orange flowers. Link gasped as he realized who it was, but it took Tetra another moment to do so. After all, she had only seen the girl twice in the last quarter of a year, and usually, it was in passing. She, however, always remembered the dress.

It was Aryll, Link's little sister, and the harbinger of both Link and Tetra's, if not Link alone, journey over the last three months. Link made a move to go to his sister, but Tetra held him back. She gestured to him a faint outline beside Aryll, and once Link saw it, his anger began to bubble.

The outline shuffled a bit, the small candle giving the person just a little light for his enemies to see him as he watched the sleeping child. "Do you sleep still?"

Link ripped himself from Tetra's grip and stepped forward. "DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK TO MY SISTER!"

Ganondorf looked to Link out the corner of his eye, and Link couldn't make out whether the man was grinning or grimacing. "Wait! Do not be so hasty, boy." Ganon reached his large hand over Aryll's head and looked down upon her as if she was his child. "I can see this girl's dreams. Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans as far as the eye can see. They are vast seas... None can swim across them... They yield no fish to catch... What did the king of Hyrule say? That the gods sealed Hyrule away?" Ganon looked away from Aryll and stood up to face Link and Tetra. "And they left behind people who would one day awaken Hyrule?" With a flick of his arms, Ganon sent the curtains away, and to Tetra, it seemed his eyes grew brighter and brighter. "How ridiculous. So many pathetic creatures, scattered across a handful of islands, drifting on this sea like fallen leaves on a forgotten pool. What could they possibly hope to achieve? Don't you see, Link and Tetra? All of you... YOUR GODS DESTROYED YOU!"

Link and Tetra gazed at each other, not saying a word, and turned back to Ganondorf. He scoffed and glared to Link. "I have been waiting for you, boy. For one like you... Yes... For the hero. But you, girl, the princess... I have watched you grow as strong as that pathetic ancestor of yours. Both of you, standing against me like them... Do not betray my expectations." Link and Tetra watched as Ganon chuckled as the curtains returned, and clenched their weapons. Once the curtains dropped, Ganondorf, Aryll, and her bed were gone, but in their place, was a huge, metallic, purplish beast with a comical pig face for a head. It swung its arms around Link and Tetra and rose back up to stand over them.

"This is it, Tetra."

"I know it is, but we are leaving alive... Right?"

Link reassured Tetra with a smile and wink to match the one on her face. "Of course." Link looked up, and noticed strings hanging from the ceiling down to the monster, and took out his Boomerang. Tetra looked up as well but didn't retrieve her own weapon.

"It is like a puppet... Puppet Ganon, we should call him." Puppet Ganon didn't seem to appreciate his name and used his arms to send a huge punch to the duo, breaking them up. It began to chase after Link, not giving the hero the time to mark a target for his item.

"Tetra, a little help?"

"What if I don't want to be the distraction?"

"TETRA!"