The Search For Jabun

"How is she, Link?"

"She's better, I guess. Nothing is broken, so the potion did its job." Link glanced once more to the still unconscious pirate before gazing out to sea. "How close are we?"

The King motioned his head to an incoming island. "Ten-fifteen minutes tops. You sure you want to go alone? It could be dangerous."

Link checked his equipment and found two potions in the boat's storage. "I think I can do it. Just watch over Tetra for me." The King nodded, and Link made his final preparations. The Grappling Hook was in great condition, despite the load it constantly carried. The Boomerang was still looking good, and Link's sword and shield were ready to slash and bash.

He could do it without Tetra, but it wouldn't be the same without her. Link stared at the sleeping pirate and rubbed a hand through her hair. He hoped she wouldn't be angry, but then again, she got a break. He's going to risk his life again. "Get better soon, Tetra. I told you I'm going to need you, and we're almost done. Let's finish what we started together. Then I can take Aryll home, and we can go around the world, just like our parents, and go where no one has gone before. After that... We'll probably be thirty-something, and decide to retire from sailing. I'll return to Outset, and kill any guy that tries to touch Aryll. You'll...do something with the boys. Who knows, maybe you'll follow me until one of us dies."

He looked at her neck, where the scarf was and looked under it. There was a necklace with an incomplete triangle on it. Link rubbed his hands on the cold surface of the item, wondering why Tetra had it. Did she get it from her mother?

"Link." The boy released Tetra's necklace and stood behind the King's head. They were heading to an island, with swirling clouds above it. Link didn't notice it before, but somehow, the entire sky darkened in the last few minutes. "Look, Link! Do you see it?"

"Yeah."

"What has happened to this place?"

"I fear the worst, King. Get me to shore." The boat complied, going closer to the island. The two could now see the destruction of it, as it was literally turned to pieces. The sky mourned the destruction of the island, getting the travelers wet in the process.

"Wh-What is the meaning of this? The island... It is..."

"Destroyed." Link hopped out the boat and walked onto the shore. "King, are we-"

"We are too late." The boat closed its eyes in sorrow. "I knew we had precious little time, but I never suspected how little."

"What was here?" Link and King turned back to see a barely standing Tetra. She looked around the island in the same horror the others did. "What was so important about this island, besides the final gem?"

"A great water spirit named Jabun once lived here, but no sign on him remains..." Tetra grunted, and jumped out the boat to Link. She clutched her head a bit, still not recovered from Kalle Demos' attack.

"How long was I out?"

"Only a day. Feel better?"

She rubbed her head slowly. "I had worse. Thank you for taking care of me."

Link reached into his pouch and gave Tetra her sword and Boomerang. "I believe this is yours." She took it, strapping her blade to her side, and pouching the throwing item. Link turned to the King. "I think we should look for anything that could help us out find Jabun."

"HO, THERE! LINK!" Straight from the distance flew in Quill, the Rito mailman. He came in hot and in a hurry, landing quickly beside the humans. "So you're here! I've been looking for you! Are you by chance seeking the great spirit, Jabun?"