Bracelets and Boots

One week later

Link had finally given up. He didn't know what else to do. The task was confusing, and he was alone, except for Daphnes the Boat. The boy from Outset believed it was impossible to save the world.

All because of the huge stone in front of the Earth Temple. Link tried everything he could think of.

Bombs? Failed.

Cannons? Failed.

Command Melody? Of course, it failed.

Ballad of Gales? The tornado barely picked up the stone.

While Link suffered in defeat, the face of the stone smiled in victory. That really pissed Link off. So what does he do next? He goes fishing for answers.

"You're telling me, that in order to get to the Earth Temple, I have to find some magical item that'll give me strength?"

The fish confirmed Link's statement. "Yes. Yes, you will."

"But in order to get the item... I have to enter a volcano?"

"Yes."

Link had an instant craving for fish sticks. He shook his head as he faced the distant Tower of the Gods. If she was here, Tetra would let the fish know what's on her mind. Unfortunately, Link was desperate. "You know how ridiculous this sounds, right?"

The fish shrugged. "Hey, I'm just the messenger."

"I know." Link turned around, towards the north side of the world, in the general direction of the Forsaken Fortress. "So there's a fairy west of Windfall? The Mother and Child Isles, you say?"

"Yes. You can't miss it. But I suggest you find a creative way in, for the fairy is only accessible from the peak of the Mother Isle."

Link took out his Wind Waker and smiled. "Oh, I can certainly be creative."

...........

The location of the fairy was in the interior of the Mother Isle and untouched by outside nature. Fairies floated around freely in their little paradise, and Link didn't seem to disturb them when he and the King of Red Lions came down and land in the pool of water.

That peace was not interrupted when a stream of sparkled formed form the center of the fountain, flying towards the heavens as the beams came closer and closer to one another. Link curiously watched as the sparkles dispersed, and in their place was a fairy. A Great Fairy.

She had a ghostly, childlike appearance, with hollow eyes and a very pale body. She wore a long, grey, sleeveless dress, and her hair was just as grey. In her hand was a doll, a darker version of the fairy, just with four arms.

She covered her mouth as she giggled. "Tee hee hee! Tell me, little boy... Can you control the wind?"

Link took out the Wind Waker and showed it to the Great Fairy. "Yes, I can."

"Hee hee! So young, to have such power... How did you know to find me here?"

"Ahh, you know, fish love to talk when food is nearby. Who are you?"

"I am the queen of the fairy world! What is the matter, my child? Does that not surprise you? Young one..."

It did indeed surprise Link. "But... You're a child...I think."

The queen fairy smiled. "I like you. And so, I shall give new power to the bow that you wield." She held her doll forward and smashed it with both hands. Two regular fairies appeared and flew towards Link. One was followed by a trail of red light, the other blue. The one followed by blue light entered Link first, and it sends a shiver throughout his body. The second fairy followed, and Link felt his body heat up. "What...did you do?"