Earth Temple

Link safely landed from the drop on his feet and looked ahead to the waiting Medli. She was already flapping her wings, hovering above him. Link didn't understand why until he saw the gap between him and the door. He raised his hands into the air, and Medli scooped him with her talons, taking both of them to the door to actually enter the dungeon.

The sounds of jingling metals and flashes of torches in the huge chamber behind the door alerted Link, and he slowly unsheathed his sword and strapped on his shield. "Stay here. Monsters are ahead."

Medli nodded and proceed down the steps to the previous door. "Ok." Link silently moved up the remaining steps and looked around. Three Moblins occupied the room, one on the left set of steps, and the other two on Link's level, in the center of the room, around some broken columns. Taking the high ground, Link tiptoed up the steps, hoping to get behind the spear-wielding pigs. Thankfully, the monster had its back to Link and the islander was able to get a swift kill. No blood spilled from the beast's neck as it fell down and died, leaving the world in a puff of smoke. The next two had a more fortunate fate than their mate as arrows to the heads and necks sent them back to wherever they came from.

Link trekked up the rest of the staircase and looked around from above. Here, he could see two switches, both outside jumping distance. "Hey, Medli. You can come on now." The bird girl flew up to Link's position, but he didn't let her land. He pointed to the two switches, and she grabbed his wrists once more, settling him on one switch, and landed upon another. They both jumped down and walked up to the newly opened door, fist-bumping at their great work.

Link subconsciously realized he never had a sort of congratulating gesture with Tetra, but then again, she wasn't the sort to be congratulated anyway.

The large staircases finally unfolded after the defeat of the two Poes, thanks to teamwork by Link and Medli. Fortunately for both of them, Medli's harp can reflect light very far, and Poes are susceptible to light, just like the Dark Chuchus earlier in the dungeon.

The duo was doing well so far, as they had solved a fair amount of puzzles so far, but have much to do in the dungeon. They are in search of an item that can reflect light just like Medli's harp, except for Link. Without it, they won't be able to get past the statue of the sun, advance deeper into the dungeon, and awaken the Master Sword.

Link gave Medli, who was on a higher level, a thumbs up. "Stay there. I'll check things out ahead."

Medli nodded. "Sure thing. Be careful."

Link nodded and ran up the stairs. He was met with two doors, and the one in front of Link was locked, forcing him to the side door.

The room inside was too dark and too quiet for Link, Alert, he walked over to the edge of the higher level. Five caskets stood on the half-oval of the lower level's walls, and a pit began to form in Link's stomach as he jumped down. He walked slowly up to the one in the middle

Boom!

"AAAHH!" Link jumped back as the top to the casket fell over, scaring the courageous hero. He looked into the opened casket and gasped at the sight of a pale blue, tall, thin monstrosity. It didn't move, not even falling to gravity's will. Link stood up, and walked slowly closer to it...

Closer...

Closer...

Closer...

"RAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" Link froze in terror as the monster screamed its horrifying cry, and found himself chilled to the marrow of his bones, his muscles locked under key. The beast's eyes flashed red, and it began to slowly taunt Link with its movements.