2

Dipper woke up in a grassy clearing of a forest. Wildflowers were strewn about him, and the sky was a bright blue. Dipper smiled as he laid in the grass, looking up at the sky. He didn't notice it when a yellow-haired boy about his age laid down next to him.

"Isn't the sky beautiful, PineTree?" The boy said.

Dipper immediately sat up and stared at him. "Bill?"

The boy grinned at him. "In the flesh! Literally!"

"You... you look human."

"I can turn my body into a human willingly. Although, it seems that while I'm here, I'm stuck looking like this."

"Why're you here?" Dipper forced.

Bill held his hands up. "Hey, don't ask me, PineTree! I just appeared here!" His hands fell to his sides. "Wait... if I'm here, then that means you're dreaming... you have a soulmate?"

Dipper huffed, crossing his arms. "Apparently. I don't even know who it is."

"And why not?"

"I've met a lot of people since I've been in Gravity Falls. It could be anyone."

"Huh," Bill was thinking to himself. "I could help you find them, if you wanted."

Dipper eyed him. "If this includes a deal, I'm not interested."

Bill pouted. "You're no fun, PineTree."

"You're a trickster. I don't want my mind and memories open for you to manipulate."

Bill laid down in the grass. "You got me there. I wasn't going to ask for access to your mind, though."

Dipper laid back down next to him. "Then what were you going to ask?"

Bill propped himself on his elbow to face Dipper, who mimicked his position. "I'm not going to tell you. You just have to accept the deal. So, what will it be, PineTree? Do you want to know who your soulmate is?"

Dipper contemplated this, biting on his lower lip, before muttering a quiet "yeah."

In one swift movement, Bill placed his hand on Dipper's lower back, pulling him close. Dipper yelped, but Bill didn't let go. The dream demon smiled an open-mouthed smile, staring into Dipper's brown eyes.

"Me."

Dipper sat up in bed, forcing a scream back down his throat. He wiped his forehead, which was laced with sweat, and stared at Mabel, who had woken up because of his tossing and turning. She turned on the lamp by her bed, looking over at her twin.

"Dipper?" she asked. "What's wrong? What happened?"

Dipper tried to take deep breaths. "Nothing. It was nothing."

"If it was 'nothing', then you wouldn't have woken me up. Tell me."

Dipper sighed. "Bill was in my dream."

Mable climbed out of her bed and joined her brother. "What happened?"

"We... we were in a field of grass. The sky was clear and blue. Bill said he could help me find my soulmate, and he didn't need access to my mind. I said he could help, and... he pulled me close, and said it was h-him."

Mabel put a hand on his shoulder. "Dipper, you should know as well as I that Bill was just messing with you. You can't listen to him."

"But what if it's true, Mabel?" Dipper stared at his hands. "What if... what if Bill and I are... soulmates?"

"Dipper, come on. Do you really think you and that Dorito are soulmates?" Dipper shook his head. "Exactly. He's just a terrible jerk who took the opportunity to scare you. Don't believe him."

Dipper nodded. "Right. You're right. Thank you."

Mabel smiled. "Let's go back to bed, okay?" Dipper nodded again, and soon the twins fell back asleep.

Meanwhile, in the Dreamscape, Bill was just woken up from an eerily similar dream. He looked around himself, noticing that for the first time in a long time, he could see every color other than grey, white, and black.

"It's not true..." Bill muttered to himself, putting a hand to his head. "Are PineTree and I... soulmates?" He then quickly shook his head. "No. No, it can't be."

He stood up, walking toward his bulletin board which was filled with pictures of who he considered his enemies. He scanned over all of them, finding the picture he had of Dipper. He picked it up and stared at it for a long time, not noticing the smile that slowly appeared on his face- a real, genuine smile. He looked at himself in the mirror, then back down at the photo.

"My soulmate is Dipper Pines."