5

Dipper laid awake in his bed for what felt like hours. The house was silent, and it was dark outside. The only sounds he could hear were the ticking of a clock and the buzzing of insects outside. He looked at the clock on his nightstand for the thousandth time and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw it was 11:36 PM. He threw the covers off of himself as he jumped out of bed and reached for the pile of blankets, spare pillows, candles, and a small radio that had been laying under his bed before quietly making his way into the gift shop and finding the ladder to the roof in the dark. He slowly made his way up, opening the door at the top and climbing out. He walked to the flat ledge of the shack, then put all of the blankets, pillows, and candles down. He lit the candles, then turned on the radio to play soft music.

He laid on top of the pile, staring at the stars and moon above him for a few moments, before he heard a sound. He looked over and giggled as he saw Bill in his human form sliding down the slanted roof. He got to the flat surface and stopped, looking at Dipper seriously. "Good evening." He said seductively.

Dipper was still laughing. "You're an idiot."

Bill grinned. "It's the one thing I can do well."

"Oh, don't say that."

Bill looked around at what Dipper had set up for them. "What's all this?"

Dipper blushed. "I just... I wanted to do something for us. For you. Do you like it?"

Bill nodded. "I do. Thank you."

Dipper gestured for Bill to move closer. "Come here, please." Bill complied, laying next to Dipper, who then placed his head on Bill's shoulder.

"You know, you could've just said you wanted to cuddle." Bill remarked.

Dipper giggled. "This way is better."

The pair laid together under the stars, basking in each other's warmth for a long moment, before Dipper took a deep breath. "Bill?"

"Yeah, Mason?"

Dipper smiled at the sound of his given name as he sat up. "I... I never got to say anything back to you earlier."

Bill looked at him as he sat up, as well. "You don't have to, PineTree-"

"But I want to." Bill stared at Dipper as he began to ramble. "I want to because I feel it too. Because I knew we were soulmates since my first dream, but I never wanted to admit it. I couldn't admit it. I didn't know how this could happen, but... it did. It's real." He took Bill's hand. "I know it. I feel it."

"Mason?" Bill asked quietly. "What are you saying?"

Dipper was silent for a long moment, smiling to himself. Bill tried to understand why, until a tear leaked down Dipper's face, which lead to more. "I love you, too, Bill." Dipper's voice was choked with emotion as he said it.

Bill began to cry, as well, as he quickly pulled Dipper into a tight hug. The two cried into each other's shoulders for a long time, until they both ran out of tears. Bill gently placed a kiss on Dipper's cheek before pulling away. "I don't know what to say... I've been alone for all of these years, and now I have you... I can't even begin to describe how happy I am now, with you."

"Me either. I thought I'd never have a soulmate, and even if I did, they would never love me... I guess I was wrong."

Bill gently took Dipper's hands. "You were so very wrong." The pair giggled quietly. "I'm so glad I met you."

"Me too."

"Ahh!" Bill and Dipper jumped at the squeal, then turned to the door of the roof to see Mabel's head sticking out, grinning in their direction. She climbed out and joined them. "It's so adorable! Is this your soulmate, Dipper? Who are you? What's your name? Can we be friends? How did you get so hot?"

Dipper blushed. "Mabel-"

"Don't worry about it. It's fine." Bill grinned at Mabel. "You must be Mason's twin. I've heard a lot of good things about you."

"From Dipper? That's hard to believe."

"No, it's true. He holds a very high opinion of you. I'm glad to finally meet you. My name's William."

Mabel smiled. "The same goes to you, William! Hey, why don't you come over for dinner tomorrow? I'm sure Stan would love to meet you, too!"

"Oh, I don't know if he can do that-" Dipper tried to say.

"I'd love to." Bill answered. "What time should I come by?"

"We'll be ready for you at six! Oh, and don't worry about dressing up- this will just be a casual dinner." Mabel nudged Dipper with her elbow. "The fancy stuff happens on the second date."

Dipper blushed. "Mabel..."

She laughed. "I'm just kidding, DipDot! See you tomorrow, William!" She disappeared back into the Mystery Shack.

"You didn't have to do that, Bill." Dipper said once he knew they were alone.

Bill shrugged. "Might as well start making her happy now, since I'll have to do more of it in the future."

"You also don't have to come for dinner. I can make up an excuse for you."

"Mason, listen to me!" Bill was laughing. "I want to go. I want your family to get to know me. The real me. The me that you fell in love with."

"But... what if they find out it's actually you? They're not going to like it. They'll try to keep me away from you."

"That won't happen, PineTree. And even if it does, I'll find a way to see you. We'll still have our secret meeting spot."

"Mabel knows about it now, though."

Bill kissed Dipper's forehead. "Then we'll find another place just as beautiful." Dipper finally smiled at him. "It's getting late. You should go to bed."

"But I don't want to." Dipper whined. "I want to stay here with you for a while longer. Please?"

Bill shook his head. "You need your sleep for tomorrow. I'll be at the ditch at five thirty, as always."

Dipper huffed. "I want to spend longer with you. Just you."

Bill smiled. "If you really want to, I can take you to my home in the Mindscape. We can spend all day there, just the two of us. Okay?"

Dipper nodded enthusiastically. "Okay."

Bill patted Dipper's head. "There's my adorable little Mason." Dipper blushed. "Now go to bed, please."

Dipper rolled his eyes, but complied. Bill helped him pick up everything and place them near the ladder in the gift shop. Bill gave Dipper a kiss on his cheek before disappearing from sight.

Dipper fell asleep with a smile on his face, eagerly awaiting sunrise.