25

The first thing Dipper saw when he woke up was the color yellow. He shot up in his bed, breathing heavily and looking around the bedroom at the multiple colors. He scratched his head, confused as to why he could suddenly see colors. He looked over at Mabel, who was staring at him from her bed.

"What's wrong, DipDot? Did you have a bad dream?"

Dipper stared at his twin. "I can see color."

Mabel gave him a weird look. "Of course you can. You and Bill completed the bond."

Dipper raised an eyebrow. "Bill?"

"Who else?"

"...who's Bill?"

Mabel stared at her twin for a moment. "...are you serious? You better be joking with me, Dipper."

"I'm not. I have no idea who you're talking about."

"...how? How can you forget-" She suddenly paused, becoming angry. "Ford. It was Ford, wasn't it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

Bill and Jill appeared in the room, grinning. "Get up, you two!" Bill announced. "It's time for our double-date!"

Mabel got up from her bed and grabbed Bill's sleeve, dragging him to a corner of the room and muttering quietly to him.

Jill smiled at Dipper. "Good morning, Dipper. How did you sleep?"

Dipper stared at her. "...who are you?"

Jill's smile fell. "...I'm Jill. Mabel's soulmate and one of Bill's soulmates. Do you... do you not remember me?"

Dipper shook his head. "Not at all."

Bill walked toward Dipper, cupping Dipper's face in his hands and looking in his eyes. "Mason... please don't tell me it's true. Say my name. Please. Tell me that you know who I am."

Dipper shook his head. "I'm sorry, I have no idea who you are."

Jill's eyes were wide. "You can't remember Bill, either?" She turned to Mabel. "Do you know what happened?"

"I think so. I think..." She glanced at Bill, who was looking helpless at Dipper. "Well... Ford wasn't very happy about everything, and... he still has McGucket's memory gun."

Bill jumped up, scowling. "Ford. I should've known."

Jill put her hand on her brother's shoulder. "Calm down, Bill. There's no reason to-"

Bill pushed Jill's hand away, fuming. "No. Don't even try to calm me down. I'm going to talk to him."

Mabel put a hand on Bill's chest, stopping him from walking out of the room. "No. If you try, the whole situation could get worse. There would be a chance you wouldn't be able to see each other again. I'll go talk to him." She looked at Jill. "Keep him here."

Jill nodded. "I will." Mabel nodded back, then walked out of the room.

Bill stared after her for a moment before turning back to Dipper. Dipper stared at him, confused. "What's going on?"

"Your sister is going to talk to your uncle Ford downstairs." Bill answered.

"Okay... wait, my uncle's name is Stan."

Jill sighed. "If you've forgotten about Bill, then you've forgotten about everything that happened after you met him." She walked to Mabel's side of the room and grabbed her scrapbook from her nightstand. She brought it over and handed it to Dipper, who started to flip through the pages.

Bill pointed to a picture with him and Dipper in it. Dipper was laughing, his arm around Bill, who was kissing his cheek. "See? That's us, when I spent the night here after you met Jill and Will." He looked up at Dipper. "None of this is ringing a bell?"

Dipper shook his head. "Nothing."

Jill flipped to the next page, which was of Dipper and Bill at Bill's house. They were sleeping together, with Bill's head on Dipper's chest. Bill had tear tracks running down his cheeks, and his eyes were scrunched together, like he was in the middle of sobbing. "This was just the other night. You took a bunch of sleeping pills and knocked yourself out. Bill took you to his house. He was worried sick about you- he fell asleep like this every night."

"Why would I take a bunch of pills?"

"It was a suicide attempt."

"Why would I..?"

"Because you're depressed."

Dipper was silent for a long moment before he shook his head. "No. No I'm not. I'm not depressed. I would never... I would never try to kill myself." He stared at Jill. "You're lying to me." He looked at Bill, who was stricken. "You both are."

"No, Dipper, we're not-"

He jumped out of bed and began walking toward the door. "Go. Get out of here. Stay away from me."

Jill grabbed his shoulders, shaking him roughly. "Dipper! Get ahold of yourself!"

Dipper was silent for a long time. His eyes began to grow cloudy as he stared at Jill. After a while, she shook his head before smiling politely at Jill. "Oh, hello. Who are you?" He looked around at the room. "And where am I?" He looked at his hands. "And... who am I?"