Chapter 3 - Truth

Rosita woke a few hours later, rested and saw the clothes gone and a blanket on her. She stood, folding the blanket and looked at the time.

Three PM.

She walks out and saw Gunter putting away the now dry dishes.

"Gunter?" She asked and he turned. 

"Hello Rosita. I have finished your chores." Gunter said. Rosita wanted to cry.

"Gunter. Thank you." She says. Gunter waves his hand.

"It was nothing." He said but Rosita shakes her head. 

"No its not. I have been over worked. My children wont be home till six because of an after school program. Let me treat you to Lunch." Rosita said. Gunter smiles.

"Sure, I wouldn't mind that." Gunter says and follows Rosita out of the house. As they walk and talk, she passes by a restaurant and stops. She then looks at see's Norman. With another women.     

"Norman?" She asks quietly and walks into the restaurant. Gunter is silent and follows. 

"You sure your wife doesn't know?" The lady asks. Norman shakes his head. 

"No Emma. She thinks I'm working right now. We have all day." He says and leans in, kissing her. Emma kisses back.

"Why not leave her then? You know i love kids but can't have any. Just leave her and we can be together." Emma says. Norman smiles. 

"I will. I will bring it up tonight. I have the papers ready and everything." Norman says. Rosita had tears falling down her face. Gunter puts his hand on her shoulder and she ran from the restaurant, crying. Gunter followed her. 

"Rosita!" He called out. Rosita didn't stop running till Gunter grabbed her arm. She stopped but turned and cried into his chest. Gunter gave her a long hug but didn't say anything. His wife had cheated on him in Germany which is why he left. He felt Rosita pull away and he let her go. 

"I-I'm sorry Gunter. I-I have to go." She says and leaves. Gunter could hear the sadness in her voice. She sounded broken. 

"Why would that dinkleschplatt do that to my friend?" Gunter asked himself. 

~With Rosita~

Rosita walked into her home and sat on the couch. Her children came home but they noticed something was off with her. 

"Mommy?" Carrie asked. Rosita looked at her.

"Nothing sweetie. Go play. I will start dinner." Rosita says and stands, walking into the kitchen. She moves to the fridge and took out dinner. It was simple, just a vegetable stew. As she cooked. She heard the door open. 

"Honey I'm home!" Norman called tiredly. Rosita held her tears back and didn't say anything. 

"Honey? Honey where, Oh. There you are." Norman says and walks into the kitchen, yawning.

"Smells good. Hey, listen Rosita. After you put the kids to sleep, we need to talk." Norman says and sits down. Again, she didn't say anything. She knew if she did, she would break down in tears. She calmed down just enough to call to her children.    

"Kids, dinner!" She calls and pours each of them a bowl but she skips Norman. 

"Rosita, you missed me." Norman says. She set the pot down as her children ran in. 

"Kids, eat up. i will be back to give you each a bath after." Rosita says and walks out of the room. Norman stands and follows her. Once in their bedroom, Rosita turns and slaps him. Norman looks stunned.

"Who the hell is Emme?" She asks, trying not to yell. Norman is silent as he holds his cheek. 

"How?" Was all he could ask.

"Gunter helped me clean my house because I was over worked and exhausted. I told him he didn't have to but it was a birthday present to me so I was going to take him out for lunch as a thank you when..." Rosita started but began to cry. Norman moved and sat on the bed. Rosita then wiped her tears.

"I agree to the divorce Norman. I hope you and her are happy. I will be fine with the children." Rosita says and walks out of the room. She then started to bath her children and got them ready for bed. After they each were in bed, she walked in to the living room and saw Norman. He didn't say anything and held the papers out. She took them and read them over. She then gasped.

"You will not get custody of my children!" She yells.