Chapter 4: Freedom Fighters

After joining their allies in the quest to save their worlds, Mario and Sonic think of a way on how they defeat their new enemies. And even figure out who they are.

Mario and Sonic appear to be running for some reason.

Sonic: Agh! We have to stop it before it reports our location!

Mario: We're almost there we just have to go faster!

It appears that Mario and Sonic are chasing a big creature how was on the verge of escaping.

Sonic: Eh screw it! Mario knock me towards him with your hammer!

Mario: On it! Batter up!

Mario prepares his hammer and knocks Sonic towards the creature as he Spin Dashes into his chest, killing it in the process.

Sonic: Phew. That was close.

Mario: Yeah it sure was. Also look.

After words have been spoken they look up and see the skies changing color from purple to light blue.

Mario and Sonic: WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Mario: The skies, they, they...

Sonic: Changed colors! What's going on?

(*Cues: Resistance theme*)

Back at base Tails and E. Gadd tell everyone what's going on.

E. Gadd: Unbelievable. The skies changing color.

Mario: So what happened?

E. Gadd: While Luigi and Tails were trying to escape prison, Tails gathered some info in this chip of everything our new enemies hold. And I looked at his intel on everything he's got which would explain the situation.

Sonic: So what intel did you get Tails?

Tails: Aside from overhearing the conversation about their plan...

We cut to a brief flashback to when Luigi and Tails are escaping where Tails is collecting data from a computer.

Tails: I managed to download some data by a computer about the things that's going on with the skies and environment.

Tails was finished downloading and he and Luigi quickly got back to escaping as we get back to the present day.

Luigi: You mea that nearby computer we saw while we were escaping?

Tails: Yep and judging by what I found, the sky and the sun changes every time a day passes from purple, light blue, regular blue, green, yellow, orange, and red.

Mario: So what you're saying is that a day just passed and we now have 6 days left?

Tails: Yep. I'm afraid so.

Sonic: Man time flies really fast. And we just got here and we don't even know who are mysterious enemies are.

E. Gadd: Well whoever are those guys are they must be responsible for this. Which is why I invited these time watches.

E. Gadd shows everyone the watches.

All: Whoa.

E. Gadd: Each watch has a timer on them set to 144 hours. When the skies turn red that's the time will reach zero.