In the Cottage

Living in the countryside is different compared to living in the city.

At least that's what I think. And to be honest, I love the countryside. Its fresh air and the greenness of the grasses are my pleasures. The birds chirruping while flying, flapping their wings and talking excitedly amongst themselves while the sun glowing pleasantly down upon the chimney of my cottage, sprinkling a little bit of its warmth against my skin while hanging up some wet clothes fresh out of the laundry machine to dry them off, humming a soft tune against myself, my feet barefoot against the soft grass.

A sheen of sweat begins to form on my forehead from basking in the heat of the sun pouring down upon the countryside, sighing with relief as I'm finally done with my last task of the day and picking up the hamper, I head inside the house through the back door and put the hamper down, right next to it. I take a slow, measured look around the house, looking around carefully to inspect that I did not leave a single mess on every corner of the room, as I'm expecting a new housemate since I had an extra room I couldn't use for other purposes and thought that I might as well have company due to how lonely and dull the atmosphere is in my home.

The person's identity is not particularly known, we've spoken through the phone, with the person telling me their name and a couple of more information and had a discussion about them applying for the vacant spot, which I gladly accepted for them to fill it in. The way he was speaking to me was kind and assured, I laughed at the way he said that he wasn't planning to do anything dirty towards me when I found out that he was a man applying to be my housemate.

After finishing inspecting every part of the house, I head to the kitchen, my bare feet pressed against the wooden floor as I take out two cups and start up the kettle by boiling hot water, taking out two teabags from the cupboard and putting each one on a teacup. A few minutes later, I turn off the stove and pick up the boiling kettle, pouring some hot water into each teacup with the teabags in their respective places.

I look at the time at an exact moment that there was a knock on my door. Taking a deep breath and washing my hands up on the kitchen sink and wiping them off my apron, I take a deep breath to stifle my nerves as I walk towards the door, pulling onto the knob as the door opens, giving me an unexpected sight.

What I didn't expect to find was a very gorgeous looking man.

" Excuse me, are you the person whom I talked to through the phone about the vacant spot in the cottage? " the man said in a deep voice as he glanced around, looking unsure of himself, unsure of whether this was the right place or not as I was gaz...

" Excuse me, are you the person whom I talked to through the phone about the vacant spot in the cottage? " the man said in a deep voice as he glanced around, looking unsure of himself, unsure of whether this was the right place or not as I was gazing at him for too long before he snapped me out of my trance when he said those words as I smile and open the door wider so he could come inside, my heart throbbing for the first time in a while at a glance of a man.

" You're in the right place. Come on in, Mr. Sunghoon. " as I step aside to let him in, more sweat start forming into beads on my forehead as he lugs his things inside, closing the door as soon as he's done and collecting them up with him insisting that he was able to take them up the stairs to his new room and me stubbornly shaking my head and telling him to sit down and make himself comfortable after his journey from the city.

As soon as I'm finished with Sung Hoon's things with him helping me up with the heavy things after I've stubbornly tried to keep him on the couch, I take the tray of tea I've prepared for the two of us from the kitchen and walk carefully towards the living room, putting it down on the coffee table carefully and wiping once again at my apron, sitting down on an armchair and facing towards Sung Hoon, my new housemate, as he carefully looks around the house, his dark, beautiful eyes moving from object to object as I take a sip from my cup, occasionally sneaking glances by peeking shyly through my eyelashes as I drink my tea and watch him silently, leaning back against the armchair comfortably with my cup of tea.

Months pass by as we got to know each other, Sung hoon explaining about his personal life and career as a lawyer as we eat our breakfast, the sun forcing itself into the cozy house by peeking in through the curtains, the kitchen scented with the strong flavor of coffee as he goes into details about some of the toughest cases he has dealt with. Sipping my cup as I listen intently while occasionally glancing at his lips, gazing at them for a while before shaking my head and going back to converse with him as I talk about what I've been doing in the countryside and why I left the city. Going into details as I tell my story of being a previous neurosurgeon and the difficulties I had to go through. I can feel Sung Hoon's eyes prodding at me sharply as I feel my cheeks paint themselves into a crimson red, trying not to stutter at my words as I hear a laughter emitting from his lips.

" You're so adorable. "

My cheeks flush with complete bashfulness as my ears prick at the words, excusing myself to avoid getting more embarrassed and delving further into my feelings as I pick up the plates and utensils and prepare to clean the dishes up. Avoiding looking into Sung Hoon's eyes as I shuffle to pick up his plate when his warm hand was placed on top of mine own, making me jolt and almost drop the dishes as my heart starts squeezing harder with feelings for the man, even though I only knew him for nearly a year.

" I want to make you mine, Shin Hye. I'm crazy about you, ever since you opened the door for me ages ago and got to know you better, I never knew you'd be a beautiful woman with a beautiful soul. " Sung Hoon says as he stands up, slowly and carefully walking towards me as I back myself up against the fridge, my heart fluttering as my cheeks almost blow up like a tomato, timidly biting my lip as he shuffles closer to me, almost pinning me to the fridge. As our eyes meet, my breath shaking as we look into one another's eyes deeply like endless pits. When I moved to escape, he grabs me and pins me back in place, a smile forming onto his lips as he shakes his head at my trick and places both arms on both sides of my head so I wouldn't be able to escape and get out of his arms. Sighing in resignation, I lean back against the door of the fridge and look up, desperately wanting to hug the life out of Sung Hoon and just admit that I want to be his and make him mine as well.

" Where do you think you're going now, Miss Park? " he asks while grinning wickedly at me as he presses me up against the fridge with his tall, muscular body to prevent me from avoiding him.

Blushing continuously and smiling sheepishly, not uttering a word, I start picking at his sweater, picking at the bits made of wool, his warm body still pressed up against me. I emit a gasp when I feel Sung Hoon's fingers beneath my chin,  forcing me to meet his eyes. My heart, once again, skipping beat after beat as the speed increases when he starts leaning down, his lips close to reaching my lips as I inhale deeply.

The impact of his lips colliding with mine own sends pleasant shocks down my spine as Sung Hoon firmly wraps his arms around my body to keep me close and steady, prying into my mouth as he kisses me softly at first, then harder and filled with passion. As he pulls away, I gaze at him feverishly and with a lovesick smile besmeared onto my face as well as his. Cupping my face and smiling down at me, I tiptoe and wrap my arms around his neck as I lean up and kiss him once again, holding onto him with his arms around me protectively like somebody might take me away from him at any moment. Our presence enough to satiate our needs for one another.